Texane

Frelling Wicked
--------------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged.
--------------------------------

John thinks he found a wormhole to Earth, and leaves the crew, but when he gets home, he finds out that Farscape 1 left a wormhole open to Earth that can't be closed. He arrives in Australia (surprise, surprise), and is met at gunpoint by the military.

The crew of Moya comes looking for him to make sure he's o.k. Interrogated and caged by a paranoid world-wide military operation, Earth treats them with the same paranoia we treat everything we do not understand . . . and gives you something to think about.

And the ending must be good, because the crew all survived for season no. 2.

And FINALLY we get to see John make up his mind about Aeryn, which is interesting because it is easy to forget she is an alien.

And his dad sure looked familiar!

did we ever see or hear the crew bring that up . coz that was the first time Aeryn and john have slept to gether ... or so ipersume
or was it that they got there minds wiped before they got but back on moya or was every one except john fake,, including Aeryn, rygel and d argo?????

Texanne

Jack Crighton is played the Kent McCord. Who was one of the stars of the classic Cop show "Adam 12" Can't think of his character right now. He was the young one.

ZachWZ

Originally posted by Gizzymo
did we ever see or hear the crew bring that up . coz that was the first time Aeryn and john have slept to gether ... or so ipersume
or was it that they got there minds wiped before they got but back on moya or was every one except john fake,, including Aeryn, rygel and d argo?????

Pkgirl recently made a comment about this on another thread, and I just asked her some questions. It seems that the DVD of this epy makes further reference to Aeryn remembering what happened on Earth during this "dream." I wonder (1) if the entire crew remembers their "participation"; and (2) whether they actaully were aware what was happening during Crichton's "dream."

It was so sad

when Rygel was disected, and yet I wasn't surprised. Talk about a paranoid culture.

Aeryn: Even Peacekeepers don't kill their enemies to study them.

'K, Giz, how could you not know for sure if John and Aeryn slept together? You are in the UK, right? They get the full versions (which we here in the States don't get to see until the DVDs come out) there and you should have seen the "morning after" scene. :naughty:

Anyway, now that I do have the DVD of this eppy, I have finally seen the entire episode.

John has found nothing but a physical recreation of Earth but his friends were all real. This means that John and Aeryn did sleep together, even though Aeryn didn't want to talk about it. She was more interested in their next move... finding a place to hide from the "fake" government men who want to disect her. :upto: I love that scene, not just because they slept together, but because of the humor. Did you see what Aeryn chose to wear when left to her own devices? Men's clothes? I liked John's choice much better. ;)

Any other questions?

Well da*******************rn!

We didn't get any of that! Especially the morning after scene! :disgust:

Tell me about it! I just got that DVD two weeks ago and couldn't wait to watch it! :naughty:

I heard about the "morning after" scene last year, but before that, at the convention in Burbank, Rockne asked the audience how many thought John and Aeryn had slept together. It was a significant question in that we were all in the US and very few from the UK were present. I hadn't been on the bboard at all at the time, so I hadn't heard anything about this scene, like many other fans.

Judging from the beer/fellip nectar scene and how it ended, I assumed that John and Aeryn had ended up in that bed later on. When Rock asked, I yelled and raised my hand along with about 150 others, but all Rock would say was, "Interesting."

Later on, I heard that someone had a downloadable version of the "morning after" scene online, but I couldn't view it. So, November 6th was a very important DVD release date for me! :naughty: I told you, I love the shippy stuff! ;)

Does the DVD say whether the other characters remember anything? Does Rygel remember that he was disected on Earth? :eek:

No one ever says specifically that they remember anything, but I think they do. I think none of them speaks of it because they think it will hurt John... it was like a mean practical joke.

Rygel was never disected. Jack said they created his corpse, but they just had Rygel isolated from the rest during the test. They treated him well in isolation, fed him Hynerian marjools ;), so he didn't really care what else they might be doing.

When the "humans" came to take D'Argo away, they just put him with Rygel. He was never taken to a military base in Utah. But Aeryn escaped with John before they could take her.

Remember, this was all a test for John. He just had to think that his friends were in danger. This is kind of what he would have imagined would occur if his friends had followed him back to Earth for real. The ancients just used his mental imagry and impulses to guide the events.

When John figured out that he wasn't really on Earth, he saw D'Argo and Rygel right there in the "abandoned" wherehouse. D'Argo told him it was time to go home, and Rygel said he was treated very well. No harm, no foul. Except to the poor human's fragile soul. :(

As for Aeryn... she remembers everything. Didn't you wonder why in The Choice she kept seeing John in the same clothes he wore in AHR? That's how she sees him when she first started to admit her feelings for him. She knew it was more than "recreation" then and it meant something to her, too. It was a highly symbolic moment.

Hope that helps. I'm kind of long-winded, but I love discussions like this. :D :D :D Anyone care to disagree with me? There might be another angle I hadn't considered...

You know, in the USA, a huge part of what you just wrote was not explained in the episodes shown here. That's really a shame; a lot of good plot was left out for us. :(

Actually, all of what I just mentioned was aired in the USA. You just had to pay close attention or re-watch the eppy three or four (or ten :D) times to catch it all.

The only thing we didn't see here was the morning after scene... something some US viewers needed in order to believe John and Aeryn had slept together this early on (and even then, some still don't :( )

Great eppy, though. I loved seeing exactly where John's loyalties lie. :D

u know what i love this epy to to end . its a great thing to watch and i still enjoy watching this beauty of a epy .. all day every day :D

You know, in the "Farscape X-Mas Wish List" thread, a couple of us mentioned wanting an "All Farscape, all the time" channel, but an "All AHR, all the time" channel? That just might get to be a bit much... in spite of it's beauty and brilliance. :D

how cool would that be a chanel dedicated to FS

ahhhh dream land

Yeah, I agree, Giz. And, btw, welcome back to the FS bboard! ;)

well how could i stay away . i would never leave u
i was always here ....... watching.......... waiting .....til thew time came .....
uww sounds like a movie ahah

*Giz puts his fists on his hips and assumes his movie trailer voice* :D

Damn! Do an American accent like that and you'll sound like....

well

like D'Argo! :D

well american accent kinda sux when i do it . ozzie now thats a diff matter im an ace . being english an all . ahahaha

Back