Texane

Frelling Wicked
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged.
-----------------------------

The crew finds itself on a planet where everyone works in the field digging up what looks like huge turnips. They then party at the end of the day. The workers are led by an albino woman with long blond hair. It turns out that the food has some sort of drug which has a calming/happiness effect on most people. Those who are not affected by it are killed. This small faction puts a worm inside of Crighton so the drug will not affect him because they want his help to stop this (although they don't really tell him why).

While D'Argo and Zhaan are digging in the field sounding like 60's hippies, Rygel thinks he is the victim of an assasination attempt. In actuality, the drug in the food caused his . . . ahem . . . pee to be explosive :laugh2:

Crighton is stuck on the planet (really sick at his stomach now) and pretending to be "happy." Aeryn (who could not stand the sun/heat on the planet) returns to Moya and freezes Rygel to run tests and find out what is wrong with him. In Crighton's words, she "turns in her pulse rifle for a junior chemistry kit." She and Pilot discover that the turnips are turned into the substance that fuels all Peacekeeper weapons. Crighton finds out that the Peacekeepers return to the planet to collect this substance.

The albino leader tries to get Crighton to give her Moya. Eventually the crew persuades the members of the planet to defend themselves against the Peacekeepers, and not to provide them with any more ammunition.

Aeryn: "She gives me a woody..."

I've gotta say...this eppy freaked me out a little to begin with...D'Argo calm, relaxed and non-violent???

Also the thought of Rygel having the power to blow stuff up by 'relieving' himself is rather cool if not a little disturbing hehe...

I love how the roles are reversed, Aeryn is forced to ditch her beloved rifle in an effort to save Rygel's life with science. D'Argo is reduced to a peace loving hippie along with Zhaan who is also under the effect of the Tannot.

Can Crichton's bad acting and Aeryn's cheesy smile save the day?

You bet your blue ass they can! :wink2:

I loved the line when Crighton tells Aeryn its cool that she traded in her pulse rifle for a Junior Chemistry Set! :D

Yeah, I loved the role reversals in this eppy. Zhaan without any idea of... well, without any idea at all really, Aeryn using her brain, Crichton using... well, everything, and Rygel unable to eat a thing because it all turns explosive. :lol:

I really enjoyed the tag, too, with Aeryn still rescuing everyone. She even had to coax the worm out of poor ol' Johnny boy! :lol: Love her reactions to it all, too. I think this is the eppy when she really began to see tech work as important, and her estimation of Crichton seemed to rise as well. :D

And I love Aeryn's trying to say, basically, "she gives me the willies," which she got a little turned around, and which came out to be "she gives me a woody."

The look on Crighton's face was priceless! :rolly2:

must admit i only just started watchinbg all {HHREHEHE} of Gizy's DVDs and this one was interesting and yeah i loved the woodie bit . couldnt stop laughing at that point lol

One of the great parts about Farscape (one of the many) is the one liners that come from Crighton being a human and the rest of them thinking he is a "lesser" species. :laugh2:

tex. why do you spell it like Crighton? it's Crichton! :)

(One thing I want to know is, why do they call him Crichton and not John? They call Aeryn, Aeryn and not Sun.)

and One thing about this episode..

They dance just like Elaine in Seinfeld....

Actually, Crichton dances like an uncoordinated white guy ;) and there is a story behind the way D'Argo dances.

To see that, go to my Burbank convention account at the following URL:

http://www.ascifi.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=7766

It's in the second part... with Anthony Simcoe.

As for your other point, I think they call him Crichton most of the time because it sounds more formal. They only call him John when they really need him to listen or when he's vulnerable or if they're feeling really close to him emotionally. Aeryn was calling him John a lot on Talyn ;).

Remember, John told Crais specifically NOT to call him "John." It's too familiar. Only "family" is allowed to call him John, and right now that includes Aeryn, Chi, D'Argo, and even Rygel and Jool. :D If Pilot ever let down his hair, he'd call him John, too, but Pilot is usually very formal, so Commander it is.

This early in the season, most still used Crichton just because they weren't that close to him yet. If they hated Aeryn or thought of her as a Peacekeeper at all anymore, they'd still be calling her Officer Sun. I think in the PK ranks, only a higher ranking officer would call her Sun, so among our beloved ex-prisoners she's just Aeryn.

Got anything else we can discuss? :D

Originally posted by UsHi
tex. why do you spell it like Crighton? it's Crichton! :)

(One thing I want to know is, why do they call him Crichton and not John? They call Aeryn, Aeryn and not Sun.)

and One thing about this episode..

They dance just like Elaine in Seinfeld....

well, y'all know who I mean (no spell check available) . . . the guy who lost his Calvins to Aeryn. ;) D'Argo's dancing (seen in many epys, such as "Look at the Princess," is so funny, it's worth watching all on its own. :laugh2:

This episode was another one of those stand-alones that was just about the fun. Seeing all the role-reversals was great. But the thing I really liked about this episode was the start of Aeryn and Pilot's relationship. Both of them confiding in each other was really a breakthrough moment for each of them, especially for Pilot. We expect to see Aeryn growing and revealing more about herself but we kind of neglect Pilot and his relationship with Aeryn is all the more important.

And the introduction of explanation behind chakan oil is important too. Cuz we have to know why their guns work, right?

Yeah, D'Argo being gentle and sweet (after the hyper-rage at the beginning) was really unexpected. Guess the tannat just leaches away your self... I was going to say self control, but it's more like it leaches away YOU, leaving you succeptable to suggestion. Having a society full of docile, almost empty-headed drones could become... exactly what it had become. Dead. The color was draining from their planet, like life was being drained out of the soil by the tannat. Pretty diabolical of the Pks! :evil: Never really saw them as that evil until this eppy... then Aeryn goes and reminds us in the very next one that they have a job to do ;) and they do it very well.

I liked seeing (in the tag) that D'Argo had actually dreamed of leading a rural life when he was a boy. Those quite scenes that reveal those personal details of each character are so important to this show. We REALLY get to know them at these times.