Texane

Frelling Wicked
----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged.
----------------------------

D'Argo decides to come to the aide of two Illanics, "cousins" whose ship is in distress. It turns out their ship is carrying a small black hole which they want to use in a war against their enemy. Crighton goes aboard their ship, comes into contact with the black hole, and starts to have visions of possible futures.

Look for a temptress, the crew deciding John is losing his mind, again, and a small fight among the women.

spoiler

I wondered after the epy in Season 3 when the crew was sent back in time to the place where the "famous" Peacekeeper stood on a wall and defended the helpless nurses (epy name?) why Crichton kept insisting they keep the time line the same so as not to change history. In this one, no matter what he tried to do changing what he saw in each possible future, it didn't work.

Temptress versus trained killer. Spandex versus leather. Who IS the writer for this one?

hehe

we do love you! :)

this is a great ep. one of the best on Season one!

writer for back back back? :)

I do, too, Tex!

I just can't keep up with you. I knew there was someone on this bboard who posted more often than me...

Good question, though, about ...Different Destinations and B&B&BTTF. You would have thought that John would have learned that you can't direct time, and that it doesn't move in a line. He should have learned from all his scientific education, not to mention countless episodes of Star Trek, that time is not linear and once one element is changed, all possible futures are changed as a result. :iiworry:

And, Ushi & Tex, if you really wanted an answer to that... the writer was Babs Grayhowsky. But more importantly, the director was Rowan Woods, who loves the incongruous stuff. :D

I, too, liked the "exercise" session... very provocative. ;)
Spandex vs. Leather :lol: :lol: :lol:

For sure! :D ;) Leather is the only way to go!

As soon as I get skinny, I'll be getting myself some leather pants and seeing if anyone can make me an Aeryn-vest (season two, of course... the one that can unzip from the bottom :naughty: )

Another great species is introduced making the universe just a little bit bigger. The female reminded me a lot of Debi Mazar and I thought that's who it was at first. But that's not the point. Here we really begin to see who D'Argo is. His blind loyalty to a cousin species really speaks a lot about him. The fact that it wasn't shared by anyone else only goes to show how different all these characters are. I was suprised to see that the sexual jealousy finally came to blows between the women and not the men (as men are more likely to fight over the opposite sex than women). Although I think that had it gone on any further, D'Argo and John would have gone a few rounds. It was fun to finally start to see Aeryn's protectiveness of her crewmates, defending them even though she disagreed with them. Granted right now, she's just looking out for herself more than the others, but she's starting to realize she has to depend on the others if she wants to survive.

And you just gotta love a good chick fight!

Yeah, it's too bad the Scorvians (Scorpians ;)) never came back. They would have made a good "baddie" species... maybe even giving the Pks a run for their money.

Hmmmm, speaking of which, if the Luxans are aiding the Ilonics, why aren't the Pks helping them? I guess it's a matter of who's allied with whom in the Pk Territories, hmm? Ilonics and Scorvians would be a cool side story for some fan fic... or a spin off. :D

I love that in the DVD version (and therefore, the UK version) we get to see a little bit more of Aeryn's interaction (and fighting) with Matala. I think there was more going on behind Aeryn's sparring than simply an assertion of sexual dominace... I think she suspected that there was more to Matala than was being shared. And she was right, too. Wonder how long she laid there until the effects of the "neural stroke" wore off? All that jumping around in time really screwed up the flow of the story itself. :alienooh: But the shipper in me really did love the looks in various scenes that Aeryn gave to Matala or John. :naughty: I think her attraction to him was obvious even then... at least, to us, if not to her. ;)

Originally posted by Mysterious Stranger
Another great species is introduced making the universe just a little bit bigger. Here we really begin to see who D'Argo is. His blind loyalty to a cousin species really speaks a lot about him. I was suprised to see that the sexual jealousy finally came to blows between the women and not the men. And you just gotta love a good chick fight!
I think one aspect no one truly considers is how lonely D'Argo is for company of his own species. A Klingon warrier in another science fiction show noted that Klingons can be brave, shout out their successes for all the world to know, and claim honor and integrity for their house, but the honor that is so important to them means nothing without someone to share it with. Chick fight re sexual jealousy? Possibly the new chick; Aeryn was just ready to kick her a** for the post of Alpha female. :D

Do we ever see the Skorvians?

This is a solid episode, really tightly written but i really couldn't get to grips with the Matala character. (In fact, i hated her.) I enjoyed the way that Aeryn was able to "suss" her out by her fighting style. :) D'argo came across as a bit of a fool though.

Back