Texane

Frelling Wicked
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged.
----------------------------

In this episode, a creature comes aboard to lay her young aboard Moya. In order to protect them, she creates replicas of the crew. Rygel XVI becomes the crew's "sovereign," and negotiates for them. And the Peacekeeper's primary physical weakness is discovered.

This one made me a little sad . . . it is possible that Aeryn could not exist on Earth with Crichton (certainly not in Florida at the Cape or Houston at NASA - she would roast alive :errrr:)

SEMI-SPOILER
I didn't realise until much later that I had part of the answer of how to destroy one of the worst bad guys in the galaxy . . .

I am not a pariah!!! Y'all come and visit this thread! :crying::crying::crying::crying::crying:

I'm here, Tex, I'm here!

Nice, concise summery there, too. I really enjoyed this eppy, even though it wasn't one of the first ones I saw. I saw most of season one out of order, but this one was a real eye-opener.

I had already seen Aeryn in a vulnerable state in DNAMS, but found out here that something as simple as warm temperatures could so drastically incapacitate Sebaceans. :iiworry: I, too wondered if Aeryn would be able to survive Earth... I guess, as long as they stayed away from the equator and near the ocean (where the temperatures don't flucuate as much) she and John could live "happily ever after." ;)

I dug the juxtaposition of elements regarding Rygel... ie. the crew holds so little regard for him that they don't think twice about sending him against the "monarch" alone and scaring the hezmana out of him by pounding the bulkheads, even though they are clearing the Draks away from him. :( But then, he does do an admirable job negotiating with the "monarch" on the crew's behalf.

Also loved Aeryn's stoicism in the face of the living death... she nods at John, knowing that his plan against the commandos will raise the temperature even more. :errrr:

But what was up with that commando makeup? Aeryn never wore that? And we've never seen it later... like with Larrak's crew. So what was up with that?

I'm guessing it is like getting a tattoo with your platoon's nickname on it. We found out from Aeryn that this is the most vicious type of Peacekeeper unit - "success measured by body count." I think only those team members wear the makeup. Remember - Aeryn was waiting transfer to that type of unit when she got "caught up in this little mutiny."

I love it at the end when Crichton was congratulating Rygel, who told him, "I had blue crud up in places you don't want to know about." :laugh2:

The best scene of this episode. When the crew are talking about how they are going to identified themselves from their doubles. D'argo suggests "Cutting off the top of the their pinkies." Totally catches me off guard all the time. It's outragous yet it's totally in character.

ZachWZ

I just saw this episode last night. I've never seen the first season of Farscape so I really enjoyed it. I liked the scenes between Aeryn and John.

[fear IS the mind killer . . . and the idea killer, and the peace killer . . .]

The first season is really written well for any series. I never cease to be amazed at just how badthe first season of STNG was. Fortunately we fans were willing to wait it out.

The writing for Aeryn and John's characters is really great . . . it creates tension without annoying viewers to the extent we dislike either of the characters. After all, at first she's just an *** kicker and he's just an alpha male. No extras, no finesse; they are just who they are. It makes their characters even more amazing when you go to season 3 or 4 and see how far they've grown. :cool:

Heck, by the end of season one it's obvious that they're both something more. :D

LOVE THIS SHOW!

And, Zach, I totally identify with what you said about D'Argo. That scene usually throws me, too, and I should totally see it coming by now!

Glad you're finding season one so entertaining, LW. The best is yet to come. This show (unlike TNG) found it's feet about four episodes into season one, and just kept improving. I was constantly amazed that they could continue to surprise me. :D

Indeed.. the first season was totally different from the others tho.. during the first season you could miss a few, and you wouldnt really miss anything major.. but in the later series's everything intertwined so that even the smallest thing could be refered too later on.. but that was what made is so addictive..

Still love this eppy. Second best eppy of the first six... I think. ;)

I still love the interaction between Aeryn and John in this one. They still don't know each other very well, and she bashes John at the beginning, only to go to him as the "freind" who would kill her if the Living Death took hold of her.

And I love John's bluff at the end. All those look-alikes and John, being held at knife point, still bluffing the Pk Lt. and convincing him to take his unit and leave with a warning for Crais! LOVE it!!! What a poker player! :D

I also like how they've already established that John trusts D'Argo by this time. (Probably since he hasn't see Luxan Hyperrage yet. ;)) "Naw, you wouldn't have let him kill me..." John's innocence is still in tact. He barely even knows D'Argo, but already has established in his mind that D is an ally, if not a friend. And he's already trying to convince Aeryn that he can be a friend to her. I love that the relationships are cementing so quickly. They've even established that events occur, things are said, between eps that we only know about if they bring them up again... and it only gets better.

A strong early ep. Much better then TNG's third try. :D

This wasn't one of my favorites episodes of the first season. The idea of an alien species that exists in space needing someplace "warm" to reproduce just seems a bit too far-fetched. But hey, that's what Farscape was all about right? Still it was put together very well. The story (although a bit too easy) was played out very well and the addition of the PK Commandos at the end was perfectly timed in the flow of things (and I recognized the PK leader as an actor from "The Secret Life of Us" which later starred Gigi Edgley for a season) Althought not the best episode (in my opinion) it set out what it was meant to do - establish more character background and develop relationships between the crew. Aeryn's asking John to kill her when the time came was a bit odd, but considering her other options understandable. The only other crew member that would have been logical to ask was D'Argo, but he's an "alien" and she still isn't comfortable with being around non-Sebaceans. She had to ask John because even though he's not Sebacean he looks like one and that familiarity is the best thing she has.

As a stand-alone episode (which these early eps were) it works and we're starting to see the relationships we're all used to start to form.

Another pretty average episode in my opinion although you can start to see the characters begin to work together a little better than before.

An okay episode with one or two loopholes here and there. But at least we get to know some of Aeryn's weak points; well, not just her but all Sebaceans. Turn up the heat and they're toast!

What I really liked though, was at the end with Aeryn and John, and Aeryn admitting that some "lesser species" shouldn't be dismissed after all. Meaning, John!

It was quite touching when she smiled a sincere and warm smile for once; as if it was there as the first brick in the slowly developing foundation bridging the two together in the near future.

6/10