Teal'C's Facial Expressions

Corzafa

THE Messiah
One big thing I like about Teal'C is his Facial expressions, I was just wondering if this is the case with some people on this board.

One of the outstanding things about the actors on this show is how much they can show with the tilt of the head, an eyebrow raise, a twist to the lips.

Teal'c uses it moreso than the rest because everyone else is so outspoken and he does it to great effect. You just know what he's thinking with every movement. He doesn't have to use words. I think it's very effective because when he does speak, you listen.

Cheers,

That the one thing that I notice about Tealc, is his expressions,since he doesn't have much to do on the show except to stand there and be quiet, you watch him,just watch when he is in camera's range............he's not just sitting there, his expressions,........oh shooooooot, I cannot explain it.........HELP ME SOMEONE!

Chris Judge is a wonderful actor. He was constrained by his role of a quiet Alien. To make this person more identifyable he used what was non verbal. His face is one of the best tools he has as he also was supposed to be military and non emotional and display little physical activity. CJ's interp of the character is masterful. Not only that he is easy on the eyes!!!!!!

What helps is that he is an American Black Male. The stereotypes that Black men have gone through is bizarre, to say the least especially in this culture. So, in meeting the "man" you suppress

(as Black and some Latino male friends have told me) I am female so the heat isn't on my as I would be for my son or them...

a lot of things not only to make yourself appear less vulnerable but less threatening! One way to communicate is with the face and IT works!

Coffeecup, does this help?

LOLLOL!!!!! Evil Laugh...eeevil. Plugging Brandy Norwood now, I read! Anyway half the girls in school are playing that song over my son, now that he and his girl friend have broken up, but he can and does run!

yeah , CJ plays his role very good. i am fascinated from his nearly ever serious face expression. it is also the kind of speeching and how he reacts on jokes from jack and some more things.

he 's a very good actor !!

Everyone connected with the show agrees that he has the most difficult role becaue the only acting he does is with his face. Because of Teal'c training CJ keeps his voice relatively expressionless and that usually is an actors biggest asset. CJ can only show hints, and unless you have a history with the show or good at picking up hints one misses the subtlty of CJ's acting!

ahhh, but I saw him actually smile when Sam was promoted to Major!

Yes, coffeecup and I do like to watch him for more than his facial expressions. When he smiles, WOW!

It surprised me to see the Gatecon fan photographs because he actually looked better without makeup! I could see his eyelashes ... not quite as long as my son's (Which are considered by girls ... to die for) but wonderful none the less!

*******warning,rated pg16*******
a
b
c
d
e
f
g
h
i
j
k
l

he's got eye lashes? I didn't make it that far up :D

he's got eyelashes? I didn't make it that far up :D

Yes, I notice the eyes and six and sense of humor. If the sense of humor is missing so am I! Funny. Come to think about it the first thing I noticed about my son's father was his hands... reaching for the same book I wanted! Then sense of humor (I was hooked even if it wasn't love at first glimpse) and eyes...deep chocolate brown but with normal lashes and the man had no butt!

He did not look a thing like Teal'c! So next time...maybe..

[Edited by jsc on 11-02-2000 at 11:30 PM]

i've seen all the other actors come up with some great expressions, but teal'c's are the best.
how about the satisified grin in the hotel room in PonR? PRICELESS!!!

Yes! And what about the one in "Crossroads" the next morning, sorry coffeecup!

I think that will be my all time favorite scene of "him in that room."..........that and him in SHORTS What "LEGS(excuse me! must get mop)

He is definately the ONE to drool over! Got my mop and a HUGE pail! Verrry nice legs! And what they are attached to is verrry, too!