Buffy or Angel

I have enjoyed them immensely, on the whole Angel tends to be that bit darker but they are both excellent.
It annoys me when people think that Buffy is just for kids, they over look the depth of character and it can get a lot darker then they would expect.
What other show would have her coming home to find her mother laying dead on the sofa!

Although I enjoyed what I saw of Buffy, it wasn't something that I got into. I'd pick it up if I saw a complete box set and powerdisc my way through it.

I just started Angel and so far it's alright, but no Buffy. Then again, I remember watching the first few Buffy episodes and thinking "meh" but then getting sucked in by a marathon during the dead of winter, so I'm not giving up quite yet. Buffy is incredible and a pretty high bar, and I was never a huge fan of Angel as a character, but really want to see how this series ties into Buffy and getting to see Faith and Spike again.

I never actually saw Angel. I watched Buffy when I was younger, though I have had a bit of a difficult time watching it again at the present time.

I never actually saw Angel. I watched Buffy when I was younger, though I have had a bit of a difficult time watching it again at the present time.

As in it hasn't aged well for you, or it takes you back a little too much?

As in it hasn't aged well for you, or it takes you back a little too much?

I think a combination of the series dating as well as myself dating. Whatever it was that interested me in it back then does not seem to click with me now. The only reason I watch it once in a while now is just for the nostalgia.

For me by far the best season of Buffy was number five.
There some fantastic plot twists in this one and I loved the villainess "Glory".
While seasons six and seven were good (especially the ending of seven) the show could have finished for good at the end of five and not suffered.

Angel for me. It remained great from beginning to end. To date, I'm not sure if I've seen a complete episode of Buffy. Maybe it's time to address this.

Do it :)

But you might find s1 tough but they get in their groove after that..

Personally I found Glory pretty annoying, but she was a genuine challenge for Buffy.

When Spike gets 'got' by the initiative is when his character starts to take over the show, you'll know the end of his story from Angel but seeing how he gets there from his introduction in s2 is fun

Do it :)

But you might find s1 tough but they get in their groove after that..

Personally I found Glory pretty annoying, but she was a genuine challenge for Buffy.

When Spike gets 'got' by the initiative is when his character starts to take over the show, you'll know the end of his story from Angel but seeing how he gets there from his introduction in s2 is fun

All right, will give it a shot. Thanks! What about Dollhouse? I've heard a lot of good about that one too. Same director, right?

Yep Dollhouse is another Joss Whedon project. It was an interesting concept - the ability to load the "dolls" with a personality suited to the task at hand - and each of the 2 seasons was ended by a move forward in time to an apocalyptic world - that really showed the ideas that Joss had for the show longer term (I won't go into any details in case you watch it).

Firefly is definitely one of his best, and more recently he's involved with Agents of Shield and the Avengers movie!

Buffy overall. However I still think Angel was a really great show. I remeber I use to always watch an episode of Buffy followed by an Angel episod a few years ago. It was great!!!

I've been rewatching Buffy and angel over the last few months, and while I loved angel the first time, this time it has felt like a bit of a slog, like something we have to get through to get back to Buffy. I don't really know why that is though. I think there are a few story lines that I find a bit tedious and knowing they're coming up kind of gets in the way of things. I've really loved reliving Cordelia's development though.