4.14: The Serpent's Venom

OK, bearin that in mind, turn the question around: why did Popsy ally with Heru'Ur? ;)

Apophis would only ally with anyone for self serving purposes, then he wold do as his did to Heru'ur when he felt his usefulness was over... off him!

Yeah, they'd ally together to knock off other system lords, steal their territories and armys
and what-all, then turn on each other later. Happens all the time in wars (witness WWII).

Ep 4x14 - Serpent's venom

tec'ma'te,

after the 4th series has begun @ my place i saw much eps from 4th series and i must say that there are not as good as the episodes from the first three series ...
but yesterday i saw serpent's venom and it was very very good (as i thought 'cos all "serpent's" - episodes were excellent !) ..

but i must say that the tau'ri has unrealistic luck 'cos there's always a shol'va when tau'ri or the shol'va teal'c is capped :p

i hope that there'll be more episodes such as "serpent's venom" in series 4 ..

btw -- does anyone know the episode where Apophis kills Sokar's army (kill him ?) -- 'cos i've missed 2 eps in series 4 :mad:

lek'tol, Geronimo

Kree sha! Geronimo!
I love what you have been doing on your site! Great work!

Season 4 was rather disappointing after a good start! Season 5 is better! at least so far!
I won't spoil you here! But look at the cliffhanger for the end on season 4... it resolves very quickly in season 5....sort of..

Why did they have to kill off Heru'r in this ep? I loved him :mad: :mad: :mad:

They seem to be doing a lot of eliminating people in season 4!
I guess that is a lead in to Season 5 so they can bring in new baddies....

tec'ma'te,

it was a great enjoyment to saw the shol'va teal'c suffer but unfortunately he could flee ...
and i also liked Apophis' face expression as he saw that Heru'ur has the shol'va teal'c ..

i'm sure every Jaffa thought in this moment:

"Please let my god Apophis decide that i can kill the mai'tac shol'va !"

lek'tol !

P.S.: S4 was lame - serpent's venom was the best ep

Great moments

This episode had a lot of great moments.
I loved the bit with the cloaked fleet. Heru'ur had a great "Oh ***! look on his face! Not to mention for once, the Teltac MISSED the matter stream!
I love Apophis' new costume, it makes him look more foreboding and powerful, like his new warship.
Speaking of his new warship, did anyone notice at the end when it prepared to go to hyperspace, these two prongs came out of the side of the ship and swung round to the front to make a pointed nose.

Finally, there was a bit of an inconsistency during the peace talks. Heru'ur says something to Apophis which Selmak translates as something to do with territory. However, from Apophis' reply and expression, it looks like they're talking about the two slave girls stroking Apophis. (My guess is Heru'ur said something like, "Nice pair of girls!" To which Apophis replied, "It's one of the advantages of being a god.")

I liked this episode, even though the opening scene confused me. At first I thought that it was in the past, because Teal'c hadn't got the little beard thingy (did anyone else notice he got rid of it? I thought he looked better with it than without).

It was great to see Jacob again, he's one of my favorite characters. I thought he would have been a bit more upset about leaving Teal'c to die - to Jack, "I know he is your friend" - does Jacob not think of Teal'c as his friend?

And who was that other system lord? I know Apophis, but I don't remember the other one, has he been on before?

Jacob Carter has now become much more Tok'ra than human, I think . . . (I really didn't like the lost caterpillar that showed up on Teal'c's chin for awhile)

Heru'ur

The other Goa'uld is Heru'ur. He was in the episodes "Thor's Chariot" and "Secrets".

As an additional bit of info, Douglas Arthurs who played him also played Apophis First Prime in "The Serpent's Lair".