First Prime of ASciFi
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

It's a mini-cliffhanger. ;)

As I was watching the credits roll by at the beginning, I felt good. Jacob, Heru'er, and Apophis all got airtime, and it was written by Peter Deluise. Can't ask for more than that in the credits.

It was good to get another System Lord episode so that we all don't get too blase about the basic threat to the Earth and the universe at large. I liked it. Although seeing Heru'er bite the dust was, well, I kind of liked having him around hanging in the shadows wondering what he was up to.

Sam's figuring out about 'zero' made me remember a paper I wrote years ago called "Something About Nothing". It was on the invention of the concept of the number zero. We didn't always have it, you know?

Anyway I'll come back to this one as soon as I've perused all the other responses to things that came in over night.

Cheers,

all I can say is............I got the bandages,the septic's stick,the "get-well card and balloons,gotta comfort that man TEALC... ;)

Coffeecup, I am too shook over that episode. Will let you have him for a couple of days....Then my agents will sneek to your residence....Heee Heee (evil cackle) and he will be MINE! Of course, I am not totally hard hearted, I will leave YOU, Asgard, my thirteen year old son, in return! And a large supply of ASPRIN! Oh, Asgard comes with his own supply of eminem CD'S.

i thought it was really good. suspense, angst, torture(poor t-man), humor all wrapped up in 45 minutes.
this is the second time sg-1 was going to sacrifice one of their own 'for the better good'.
jack's and jake's quips were perfectly timed. sam and danny's interactions were also good.'trust me, it's a math thing' 'i couldn't get phoenician alphabets to on cd from archaeology.com'(slightly mangled but you get the gist of it)
and it set up later eps, if you can believe the posted sopilers) rather well.
still hate the whumpin on teal'c...but it was very good and almost a relief to see apophis back...

"It's a math thing".....perfect. I thought this was a great scene in that it showed that though Daniel is a great archeologist/linguist that sometimes even he needs someone at times to see the problem from another field of knowledge.

This ep. was definately a setup for future plots. Now that Apophis has apparently gained military dominance over the SL,the threat to Earth is greater than ever before.

Will this make Earth more aggressive,less dipomatic,about gaining useful tech to fight the Gou'ald? And what about the increasing possiblity of a Jaffe Rebellion,will it's occurance serve to disrupt any plans Apophis have for the conquest of Earth?.

Other questions.......How did the Jaffe that saved Teal'c know the Tok'ra password?.

Herarur(sp) could have survived....we show his pyramid explode but never actually show hisself explode...can't you see him somehow escaping (a real Houdini,I know) and laying low while plotting his revenge on Apophis ("oh,how he will pay for his treachery").

I LOVED this episode. Christopher Judge's acting was superb, as always. It was so believable, I kept cringing when he was tortured. I was thrilled to see SG-1 working as a team again and even more thrilled to see Jack and Daniel actually speak to eachother and be friendly again. It was so touching to see Jack adjust Daniel's glasses - looking after him like the good old days! This ep had the best of everything: suspense, drama, angst, humor, etc.

Glad to see that someone else sees what I see in DeLuise episodes. Still think it was a brilliant idea to bring him on board they way they have.

Cheers,

Oh yeah, I think he's well worth the money :D

I love evry episode he directed so far, somehow he really has the feeling for the show!!

Originally posted by SGPflughaupt
"It's a math thing".....perfect. I thought this was a great scene in that it showed that though Daniel is a great archeologist/linguist that sometimes even he needs someone at times to see the problem from another field of knowledge.

This ep. was definately a setup for future plots. Now that Apophis has apparently gained military dominance over the SL,the threat to Earth is greater than ever before.

Will this make Earth more aggressive,less dipomatic,about gaining useful tech to fight the Gou'ald? And what about the increasing possiblity of a Jaffe Rebellion,will it's occurance serve to disrupt any plans Apophis have for the conquest of Earth?.

Other questions.......How did the Jaffe that saved Teal'c know the Tok'ra password?.

Herarur(sp) could have survived....we show his pyramid explode but never actually show hisself explode...can't you see him somehow escaping (a real Houdini,I know) and laying low while plotting his revenge on Apophis ("oh,how he will pay for his treachery").

The Jaffa that saved Teal`c probably knew the password cos Teal`c told him but was too weak to say it over the radio.

I think they`re getting a bit too trekkie now with cloaked fleets etc. I liked the idea of cloaks on the scout ships but on all of Apophis` motherships it sounds just a bit too familiar.

I`m sorta sorry about Heru`ur being killed but now that he`s out of the way it means Apophis has got all of his fleet + Heru`ur`s and Sokar`s fleet. He`s gonna kick some ass

Heru`ur might still be alive. Remember how Apophis and Klorel miraculously escaped when their ships exploded in orbit of Earth in "The Serpent`s Lair". They couldn`t have used the rings to get too far away cos they`re only short range. I wonder if they`ll ever explain how they escaped?

Can`t wait for the finale as it apparently has the Tok`ra in it and SG-1 coming to someone`s aid, I think you can figure out whos.

[Edited by Thor_of_Othalla on 10-02-2000 at 09:02 AM]

The Jaffa that saved Teal`c probably knew the password cos Teal`c told him but was too weak to say it over the radio.

That was my feeling as well. It's really the only one that makes sense.

Heru`ur might still be alive. Remember how Apophis and Klorel miraculously escaped when their ships exploded in orbit of Earth in "The Serpent`s Lair". They couldn`t have used the rings to get too far away cos they`re only short range. I wonder if they`ll ever explain how they escaped?

I'm kind of hoping that Heru'er might have escaped as well. Figure there's some sort of escape pod that they can use somewhere on the ship.

Cheers,

I might be wrong..........but didn't Tealc speak to Jack to let him know he was abroad? So he wasn't that weak........(YET.....<eg>)

Yes, he did. He said something like "It is good to hear your voice, O'Neill." and then smiled... a real heartbreaker... which, of course, my endless brat teased me about.

Dammit, why did i have to read this thread? :)
So Teal'C expierences some pretty bad pain? But in the end he got back to earth ok?
Is this a double eppy?

It seems as if everyone wants Heru're to come back!
COOL! Let's hope it is the blasting Heru're with Apophis as the target!

well you know stargate, death is such a temporary state. sometimes even after you see the body they pop back up.
i for one won't write heru'ur off just yet. (sometimes i even wonder if hathor might show up some day)

Agreed. I still think the First Prime of Hathor is going to thaw her out.

And how about Apophus being able to cloak an entire fleet of ships? Now THAT is good math!

Query: does anyone thing the Tauree have a new loyal Jaffa on board?

Query: does anyone thing the Tauree have a new loyal Jaffa on board?

I'm thinking he's probably going back to Chulak - maybe to work with Bra'tac.

Cheers,