MythingLink

First Prime of ASciFi
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Writer Jose Chung interviews Dana Scully for a book about alien abductions. He asks her about a case involving two teenagers who claim to have been abducted while out on a date. Were they really abducted, or are they lying? If they were, who took them? Was it extraterrestrials or human conspirators?
The victims` and witnesses` stories grow increasingly confused, as hypnosis reveals further layers of deceit. Is the Air Force engaged in an ongoing coverup of covert intelligence operations, using UFOs as camouflage? Or is that yet another elaborate lie told to discredit witnesses of real abductions? Who are the mysterious Men In Black who warn witnesses against spreading the word?
One of the most bizarre and surreal episodes of the X-Files, twists and turns as witnesses contradict one another. Mulder discovers strange visitors in Scully`s bedroom, and Scully dissects an alien body. It will be up to writer Jose Chung to reveal all in his book, unless he, too, is part of the conspiracy.

I have to say this is an episode which I thought was absolute pants. I am an avid fan of the x-files but have to say I hated this epsiode. It made me cringe. I thought whats happened here. Has Chris Carter gone NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. Thats my opinion anyway.

annette :rolly2:

I just watched it again and I liked it, I thought it was one of the funniest episodes, and at the end you were left questioning if anything at all really took place, and if anyone remembered the truth.

But then I read Rob Bowman's comments that it wasn't meant to be comedy; wacky and puzzling, but still real and believable. I have to agree with you Annette that they failed if that was their intention.