4.13: The Curse

MythingLink, are you suggesting that Daniel is going to be "knocked off"?

I agree: Daniel would have better luck against the lions in an arena than he does with women. They do seem to be the gladiators in most scenarios . . . and they just keep coming back again and again . . .

having just read another "jack as neanderthal jerk" fic (actually only part of it- i usually bail out when they start heading in that direction) i have to say i find it somewhat annoying that people keep having such an almighty cow about the fact that jack disabled the cell phone in this ep. i mean they're in the military fer crying out loud- if they needed jack they would've had someone out there to get him within the hour.

true...course how long do you think it took jack or teal'c to reach back and pop the battery back on?
cause even if jack threw a fit and told t-man not to, hammond wanted them to carry it so t-man woulda re-abled the phone.

I have to agree with you Gategeek on fics that have Jack being less than what he is simply because he does something someone doesn't agree with.

In this instance I see Teal'c giving Jack his famous stare about disabling the phone and then Jack contritely realizing that in order to console the big guy, he's put a new battery on the phone and hand it back to Teal'c.

You know someone once argued to me that the characters on the show were only human (for an entirely different reason than this), yet when they do act 'human' and throw little picques of temper, people get all up in arms about it.

These guys can't win for losing. ;)

Cheers,

i see something slightly different but similar happening. i see t-man giving jack a 'grow up' look and popping the battery back on the phone and slipping it into his pocket...cause teal'c was mighty eager to leave and he wouldn't want to miss his chance by having the phone off the hook.

i do agree with ya on how the characters act.
work was a little frustrating today and i had a moment or two...betcha if one of the characters on the show 'had a moment' like i did they'd be lambasted from coast to coast.

to me these moments of pique make them much more real than the picture perfect example we get to see every week.

If I were any of the characters from hte show I wouldn't worry about fits of pique but nervous breakdowns! Hey I wonder if Janet trained in extreme ER's in LA or New York or Beruit or any handy war zone? Just so she can handle the stress of being a doctor for these guys.

I agree wholeheartedly with you skydiver. Our lives (well mine anyway) would be considered quite boring compared to the lives of SG-1. If something as little as the phone ringing when I'm busy doing something I want to do sets me off, why wouldn't it set off Jack who has been trying for who knows how long to go fishing? ;)

Cheers,

yeah. me who's been known to launch the odd dog or cat that insists upon using me as a trampoline in the wee hours.

considering all these guys have been through, i'd be worried if they never did anything odd.

Odd ...? I am surprised they haven't gone trench coat on some of the people that are the villians.. in this piece!

NID, Apophis, Anise!

the whole episode was quite boring exept for the "we have caught nothing, we are fishing" thing, and also the "strange as it may sound sir, yes".
teal'c is really great in that episode, he gets to say one of the best line ever..(the line i just wrote)

i think we're going to look at the curse as more of a set up for season 5 than anything else. sorta like hathor was a set-up for out of mind/into the fire.
because i've heard that osiris will be back, with or without sarah i don't know

Yes, I am also waiting... but I must get through the rest of season 4 first!

Originally posted by jsc
If I were any of the characters from hte show I wouldn't worry about fits of pique but nervous breakdowns! Hey I wonder if Janet trained in extreme ER's in LA or New York or Beruit or any handy war zone? Just so she can handle the stress of being a doctor for these guys.

You know, I was watching either TLC or Discovery and the show was on Army combat medics and they mentioned that the Army does in fact have their medics work in big city ER's as on-the-job training for battle field medicine. This means that it wouldn't be all that far fetched for Doc Frasier to have had exactly that experience you mention.

I liked seeing the ship go up into space with a new potential threat along with it!

yup, i also liked it when daniel was naming off all the SL, SG-1 have killed!

Ayeah, was a fun part! Even more that the reply toAU Apophis by Jack... In my universe you are dead!

anyone remember old war movies where fighter pilots would put little stickers on their planes to signify how many of the enemy they've killed? maybe they should do that at the sgc, put little snakes up on the wall of the gateroom to signify every goa'uld they've killed

LOL, skydiver - pretty soon that wall could get crowded!

I sure hope they bring Osiris back and make her/him a serious on-going story thread. (And I want to see Tannith again too).