MythingLink

First Prime of ASciFi
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

I liked Tangent. It's about time they start to tamper with Goa'uld tech. Now that they know of more of the dangers they can now search any new ships or whatever for those fail-safe devices.

does anyone else think that general they introduced at the beginning of this ep might be the one who ends up replacing hammond in the upcoming "chain reaction"?

Thats a thought worth debating...I felt he was a bit of a throw away character, disappears back the 'house with five walls' half way through the episode without adding much to the plot. He,could, just have appeared as a sort of intro for future episodes. I hope so, He was an interesting character, obviously a bit more rigid than Hammond who knows when and just how much to bend at times without losing his sense of command and discipline. This other General, however, has the interesting potential of clashing with Jack's normal elan and way of doing thing.

Ayeah! Vidrene was the type ot thwart Jack. Loved everyone reaction to Jack's humor! and Then Jack's reaction to Vidrene's comment. "Hey, Teal'c, buddy, "

Ok in this episode when daniel contacted the tok-ra and tollin to see if the could help out to save jack and teal'c WHY didnt he contact the asgard and ask them to help out They could have got one of there ship out there in seconds and rescued jack and teal'c.Also they could get the asgard to beam the stargate and DHD from russia back to area 51. The type same thing happen in the episode hundred days when jack was stuck on that planet .Daneil contact the tollin and they said they could have a ship there till a years time and tok-ra gave the same answer.In that episode they could have asked the asgard to help out then as well but they didnt. So i belive that the SGC should ask they asgard for help more often .

Hi there Prankster, welome to the forums!

I would think that the Asgard aren't so easy to contact, and/or aren't so likely to come help for the small matters of rescuing one or two people, even SG-1. To save the world, OK they'll come, but otherwise we're still too insignificant to them...

i liked the part when jacob asked how they were going to
get them aboard,daniel says can't you just beam them aboard,
and jacob say's, what do you think i am,scotty..peachy

I would imagine that contacting the Asgard would require the use of that power gizmo Jack made. However now that I've said that, what about that little stone thing that Thor gave Jack in Fair Game? I wonder if that works over distance.

But I do have a question/observation that I didn't catch when I first watched the episode but did when I was doing the screen grabs for it.

How did Daniel contact the Tok'ra and the Tollan? Sam and Davis were using the control room to keep in touch with Jack and Teal'c. Even if Daniel had used the Gate, then they would have heard what Daniel heard when talking with Anise, et.al. Why did he have to run into the control room to tell them and then brief them later about his conversations?

Cheers,

Originally posted by MythingLink
I would imagine that contacting the Asgard would require the use of that power gizmo Jack made. However now that I've said that, what about that little stone thing that Thor gave Jack in Fair Game? I wonder if that works over distance.

If I remember well, this stone thingie works only when the asgard's ship orbiting the earth.

the stone thing only works when thor's ship is in orbit. the power booster jack built in 5th race went to another reality to help them in pov. short of going to cimmeria and seeing if they could get thor to answer them after they do the challenge thing, it's clearly a case of don't call us, we'll call you.
as to contacting the tollan and tok'ra, well they used a tollan device given to them by marty to call the tok'ra in show and tell so i would assume they reused that.
they probably would have traveled to tollana and...well i think danny's conversation with anise was supposed to be shown but the fans in general hated her so much the actress' part was written out of the show and they just forgot that part when they re-wrote it.

maybe danny talked to anise when sam et al were in the briefing room or something cause they did reach the point where they were only making contact at :05 & :55...so there would really be no need to hang in the control room between :06 & :54...just a guess

I honestly don't think that Jack would have left that power gizmo back in the alternate reality. Yeah I know, we didn't see him carrying it back, but it was too valuable to the SGC to just leave it there.

The question is just one of those little things we all pick up on now and then, and getting differing viewpoints on them is fascinating. ;)

Cheers,

Alright a couple of things about this ep.

first - loved the lines
Jack: Teal'c, on our 6 is that what i think it is?
T: If you think that it is earth, yes
J: It's shrinking
T: It's size remains constant yet it is we that is we that is moving away at a great velocity.
i love those jack and teal'c lines.

i don't really understand the 'burn off' thing. if they wanted to vear left and head around jupiter why did they burn the second missile.

good to see jacob in the ep. (although i'd like to point out that we have had alot of episodes with a tok'ra, or tok'ra based this season)

dats all i got right now
jaxie :cool:

Alright a couple of things about this ep.

first - loved the lines
Jack: Teal'c, on our 6 is that what i think it is?
T: If you think that it is earth, yes
J: It's shrinking
T: It's size remains constant yet it is we that is moving away at a great velocity.
i love those jack and teal'c lines.

i don't really understand the 'burn off' thing. if they wanted to vear left and head around jupiter why did they burn the second missile.

good to see jacob in the ep. (although i'd like to point out that we have had alot of episodes with a tok'ra, or tok'ra based this season)

dats all i got right now
jaxie :cool:

i loved it when jacob left daniel in charge of comuicating with the other ship and he told them he was the "great and powerful oz" lol!!!

I love the way that Jack acted when he was suffering from anoxia, and Sam was trying to talk to him!

Originally posted by lisasg1
I love the way that Jack acted when he was suffering from anoxia, and Sam was trying to talk to him!

Hehehe, that was funny!!!:rolly2:

Yeah , that was pretty good. I hope that General Hammond doesn't leave, he is such a teddy bear!

She talked to him as if he was a little kid. And he acted like he was drunk ! It was hilarious!:rolly2: :D