padders

System Lord of ASciFi.com
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

So the saga begins. Agent Dana Scully is assigned to work with Mulder supposedly to debunk his oftentimes outlandish ideas concerning the X-Files.

Their first case together involve teenagers in an Oregon town who are dying from unknown causes and Mulder firmly believes they`re being abducted by extraterrestrials.

Wow. can you remember all the way back. My X-Files "history" is so distored i would never be able to see an ep and know what series it is in.

Hopefully when i get the Series 1 DVD box i will be able to talk about this series episodes anyway!

Well I now start what will probably be a 2 year mission to catch up on the X-Files!

I got the season 1 box set and wow is it good.. anyway... watched the first episode.

Pilot. Pretty good i must say as as first episodes go. It introduces mulder and scully very quickly as well as other people like the smoking man who is already pretty obious that he is a sneaky character. What goes on is pretty paranormal really it has to be said and i was surprised it was that much for a first episode. Scully was also quite convinced quite quickly.....

So where they actually abducted in the episode.. missing time suggests so or did everyone just have missing time (um?).

So anyone else remember back to this episode. Lets get the season 1 discussions going as i go through each one!

Hehe i remember that when i watched the Pilot after watching Requiem from season 7 that their voices seemed so high! lol! Did anybody else notice that? Also, its amazing how Mulder and Scully just seem to "click" on screen or something, or maybe i'm imagining it, i dunno. But that scene in the motel room! I turned into a Shipper right then and there!

Also a little bit of trivia, dont know whether its well known trivia or not but, i saw this documentary where Chris Carter was talking about how originally in the Pilot episode they had filmed scenes with Scully having a boyfriend and then when Mulder rings Scully up in one scene we see Scully putting the phone down and turnin over to talk to her boyfriend. It was kinda weird to watch cos the scene was cut from that episode (thank God).

A quote -

Scully: â€Time just can’t disappear. It’s a universal invariant!â€

Mulder: â€Not in this zip code!â€

xxx

Interesting episode - a little on the cheap side, but plenty of tension and moves at a good pace.

The ending seemed a little convenient - with almost no clues, Mulder uses his behavioural psychology experience to identify the boy in the coma as responsible, when it would have been difficult for any viewing to imagine that.

I have to admit, I was left wondering what had actually happened- if the boy was killing people, why didn't he kill the medical examiner's daughter? Or was he simply offering up his friends to the aliens, who were scared off by the intrusion of Mulder & Scully?

Still, a decent opening episode that clearly establishes essential themes from the beginning. Not least Smoking Man, who I know is going to come into his own later...

I thought it was a very good introductory episode, and thematically filling an emptiness with Twin Peaks finishing up. It wasn't nearly as satisfying as the first episode of Millennium, but by then CC had become a more powerful storyteller.