Favourite Scene in "The Matrix"

and doesn't Mr. Smith #2 take on an interesting new look in Farscape.

This is probable going to be a silly question, but how is Mr. Smith?
~Ice~

Mr. Smith is the virual antibody that jumps into the simulated people in the matrix. In short the bad guys.

ZachWZ

My favorite scene gotta be "Big Guns" in the lobby!! that scene ruled!! the Kung fu battle is also a favorite of mine!!

laurence1.jpg

Have a number of favorites (lobby battle, roof-top "dodging" bullets, etc), but would have to say the helicopter going into the building and exploding because of the detail (rippling glass, etc). They obviously took a lot of care making that scene look as it does.

The Lobby and the Neo/Morpheus fight scenes. I could watch those over and over again.

My favorite scene from The Matrix was When Neo had the battle with agent Smith in the subway.:cool:

Originally posted by Tack
My favorite scene from The Matrix was When Neo had the battle with agent Smith in the subway.:cool:

That was really good.

my fav scenes are

1)at the start when Trinity does that kick in bulletime
2)the bit where Neo touches the mirror
3)the lobby
4)neo dodges the bullets
5)When Trinity says "Dodge This!"
6)the helcopter scene
and the rest of the movie:D

The whole movie!!
razz_e.gif

Nah, I'd have to say Neo fighting Morpheus, the dodging bullets scene, the whole subway thing with Agent Smith, and Neo coming back from the dead. Too cool! :D

Favorite scene?

ALL OF THEM!!!

I love the camera angles and cinematography in the Matrix. The philosophical arguments that are proposed (what is the nature of reality) and the "Alice in wonderland" motif can be seen through the many weird camera effects and special effects.

-The lobby scene where Neo and Trinity whup *ss.

-The scene where the camera is looking up from beneath the heicopter, and at the right hand side of the screen, there is water coming from the window of the skyscraper where Morpheous is being held hostage, and on the other side, there are empty shells coming from the minigun that Neo is shooting. The stream of empty bullets and the water coming out of the mirror look like an exact mirror of each other!!! Plus it's done in slow motion which makes it look amazing :alienooh:

-The part where Trinity and Neo are in the Construct, and the shelves loaded with guns come racing towards them

-The scene where Tank loads the "Jump program" into the Construct, and the camera (aiming at Neo and Morpheous's feet) zooms in really fast towards the top of the building

-The scene where Morpheous gives Neo the choice to take one of two pills - you can see the choices Neo is given by the reflection in Morpheous's sunglasses. We see Neo's reflection in the same part of the sunglasses as the pill that Neo chooses.

-The bullet-time scene where the agent is shooting at Neo on the rooftop, and the camera swings around Neo in slow motion

-The scene, again on the rooftop, where Neo emptys a clip into the agent, but the agent refuses to get hit. The agent dodges every bullet

-The scene on the roof where Trinity holds the pistol up to the Agent's head and says "Dodge this!"

-The scene where Morpheous is running towards the window of the building to escape, and the agents are shooting, and then time stops, the camera quickly does a 270 degree counterclockwise rotation, and zooms in on Morpeous leg as one the agent's bullets hits the leg

-The scene right after that where Neo jumps out of the chopper to catch Morpheous in mid-air. Excellent camera angle.

And there so much more. Sorry about the rant, but I LOVE THE MATRIX!!!!:D

I'm with you, leprykawn!

There is so much to appreciate in The Matrix. The reflections are especially symbolic. Every pair of sunglasses reflects back the false reality that IS the Matrix; the buildings all have mirrored glass windows; the mirrors throughout the beginning... all serving to show us that what we see isn't real.

But then, how many of us really caught on to that the first time we saw it? :eek:

The brothers did an outstanding job with their vision. They made Carrie-Ann Moss a household name and even managed to give Keanu Reeves some much-needed respectability. :D They finally managed to surprise me at the movies again. I was beginning to think that I'd seen it all... that every story had been told so many times, I'd never be surprised again. I thought I could predict the motion of every movie... until I saw The Matrix.

Thank the architect! ;)

My favorite scenes were the shippiest ones... Neo teaming up with Trinity to save Morpheus and then saving Trinity when she jumped from the helicopter... and even the ride up the elevator shaft. Can't help it. Shippiness is my disease. :naughty: (And what a reward I get in Reloaded for my shippy devotion!)

Gotta get the DVD loaded for tomorrow morning... gonna watch the original once again just before my third viewing of Reloaded in the theater. I still have friends who haven't seen it, so....

Originally posted by pkgrl
I still have friends who haven't seen it, so.... [/B]

WE don't get it over this side of the Atlantic until the 21st!!! That's next Wednesday!!! :angry:

I loved all those scenes, but My most favorite clip is in the hallway when Neo bends the corridor with his "Chi".

However, Reloaded has some excellent scenes too. Thank God we won't have to wait too long for the next installment.
Come on November.....

WE don't get it over this side of the Atlantic until the 21st!!! That's next Wednesday!!!
Aw, come on. I know you guys have waited longer than a week to get a block buster before! Or were you just hoping for a worldwide release like Star Wars and X2? ;)

I know it sucks waiting... I have a friend in Germany who is just dying in anticipation. :alienooh: All I told her is that she won't be disappointed.

MsGudBod: I love it when Neo warps the matrix, too. That whole scene, from the time Neo gets back up to the hallway's bend when he flexes, is awesome! Stopping bullets with a word (and his will), besting Agent Smith with ease, intimidating the other agents with a look, and "infecting" Smith and destroying him... all were real eye openers... especially with the "real world" threat about to overtake his friends. I also love that he can hear Trinity call him while he's in the matrix. But that's my shippiness coming out again. :blush:

Ship = relationship

Shipper = anyone interested in seeing characters in a relationship

SuperShipper = PkGrl :blush:

Okay. :cool:

I was there for Tyr and Beka on Andromeda, but I guess that won't be happenining now.:(

Originally posted by pkgrl
Ship = relationship

Shipper = anyone interested in seeing characters in a relationship

SuperShipper = PkGrl :blush:

So that's what it means!!