MythingLink

First Prime of ASciFi
-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Okay, it wasn't the greatest of all so far, but what I REALLY hate is that they really get into the Sam/Jack shipper stuff this season!!
What for??
I don't think the show needs it at all and it just ruins the episodes!!

Besides that, I thought it was great to see Daniels character developed in a new way!!

But, how could Teal'c forget Junior??

But it also shows that they would not necessarily be friends if they would not be SG-1!! Very good, and I think the development of the characters would have been worth a 'Two episoder'!!

I think the Jack/Sam stuff is okay....not every episode mind you but ok. I think its because Teal'c's mind couldnt explain the 'snake in a box' that was a factor in him regaining partial memory in the beginning of the episode.

I agree that it was interesting take on how they would interact with one another if they hadnt been SG-1. Jack and Sam getting closer (sorry MC :) ),Daniel not interacting with them and Teal'c being more of a loner.

Actually that kind of disturbed me in that they forgot who they were, but didn't forget the feelings. It just made me wonder if TPTB are really trying to stick it to us mainly because I don't see them being friends without the SGC to bring them together. <G>

Anyway I'm really not sure what I thought about it. I only know that I didn't feel satisfied after watching it. There was something, for me, missing.

Cheers,

This is the last episode I have on cd.... It reminded me heaps of Learning Curve for some reason, Those poeple on the planet are meanies, big meanies but they oculdn't fool old SG-1

Not funny.......
I should see a doctor or something I just hate bad spelling especially in names..... sorry everyone

ah this episode really wasn't that good. I would have much preferred to see the city at least

mining naked

there were some classic lines though
my favorite-- "no,my dreams are about -other things..."

I just downloaded this one from GammaQuad yesterday since Channel 7 in Australia have stopped showing Season 4 until Feb. It wasn't as good as I was expecting. The whole Sam and Jack thing was really lame, especially since they couldn't really remember who they were. One of the only good things that came out of it was the recurring line:
"It's an expression....isn't it?"
That was funny. As well as the Homer/Hammond thing.

It occured to me that the whole situation was Jack's fault.

You're an Air Force Colonel who, along with your team, is on the home turf of people you now know to be completely ruthless and exploitative of their own people. You:

1. Make nice to their leader, get your people home to safety, and then, recommend you don't think diplomatic relations are a good idea because these folks ENSLAVE their own people, or

2. Get on your moral high horse in the Big Bad's office. Start spouting off about how rotten you think they are and how you're just too good to associate with them.

Remember, this is a highly advanced civilization and it's just you and 3 others. You're outnumbered, outarmed, and generally in a position of weakness, not strength.

So naturally Jack picked option 2. This is just another example of the Season 4 lobotomy TPTB gave Jack. IRL he would have been court martialed for egregious stupidity.

Also, the shipper moments were some of the least convincing I've ever seen.

On the positive side, MS looked good in that tunic.

ok this ep was slightly dissapointing 4 me.......im a major shipper!!! i think without the whole sam and jack theme the show cud get a little dull. anywayz i was on a site a few weeks before the ep aired here in nz. i saw pics of sam and jack 2gether like these:
when i actually saw the ep the whole sam and jack situation wasnt wat i thaught it wud be!

but daniel/michael did look very hot!!!

Attachments

• surf60.jpg
    surf60.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 381
I thought that the episode should have been a 2 parter. It could have been really good. I like shippiness, and I liked the majority of this ep. , especially the Hammond/ Homer bits
:D