Hammond

padders

System Lord of ASciFi.com
SPOLIER Nemesis and Small Victories

He never really gets discussed that much but I think he is a great character. I liked the bit in Nemesis (or maybe Small Victories where Daniel was saying how he felt he should be "up there" and Hammond replied "well know you know how i feel most of the time".

I loved that bit when he got to fly the glider, can't remember where and also the episode in the alternate mirror when he is kicking some jaffa backside until he gets kicked himself. Pretty cool. Lets seem more hammond.

I think Hammond is one of those under appreciated and under used characters and even if the show is called Stargate SG-1 I'd like to see Hammond with a major part in at least one episode.

It's late and I can't really think of much to say about him right now.

Cheers,

Where Hammond flew the glider was in "Into the Fire" and Teal'c flew it, Hammond fired the beams that knocked out the watchtowers by the stargate. The only alternate mirror two that I recall were "There But For The Grace Of God", season 1 and season 3's "Point of View". Don't remember him kicking Jaffa butt in POV so it must be TBFTGOF.
For more Hammond, I think 'Touchstone" and "Matter of Time", "Serpent's Song". Have you read at sumners site about "Chain Reaction"?

The minor characters are intreging. Like Dr. Frazier, Sgt. Siler would like to know more abut their characters, and Gary Jones' Tech. Sgt. Harriman Davis.

The person I miss is Lt. Graham Simmons. I like Gary Jones, but Simmons was a cutie and there was that little backstory of his feelings for Carter.

Cheers,

Yeah simmons was cool, that bit when Jack asks Sam to look after him (i think that was how it went) that was nice.

Yeah, Hammond was kicking in TBFTGOG, he didn't look that good at firing a machine gun though it did look a bit haphazard but hey he needs practice i guess !.

Yea, the only firing Hammond does in his desk job is personnel not guns so he would be a little rusty.

The show has done a great job with creating and maintaining secondary characters and while I too would like to see more depth done on them in regards to screen time I can appreciate that they are 'secondary' characters and so cant expect to see a Hammond episode or Janet Frasier episode like we see with the team members.

The Simmons plotline did seem to disappear without notice didn't it....I guess he got transfered to Alaska or Diego Garcia :)

Didn't he die?

Janet does get the odd big part, e.g. in Hathor and Hammond has had a few bigish bits like in TBFTGOG. I think that is the sort of thing people want to see as opposed to a part as big as any of the major 4.

Maybe the actor (can't remember his name right now) just got another job in another show, happened to a lot of the 'minor' actors!!

As for Hammond, did you read the interview with DSD in the TV Zone Special (chuckles) Hammond in a shower scene....

I really need to read that magazine, another thing in the "to do" pile!

Alone or with friends? Well, I just hope WE are up to it. After the nudie in Space Cowboys can only hope he has stayed in shape...HEEHEE and has not gone too far south in the six! The humor, the eyes and the six are my favorite parts to watch on guys! Guess DSD has a good one... sense of humor. Shower scene...OH MY! LOL!

For all of those losing your hair take heart. Joe read this to me from the paper last night. There is a bumper sicker that said (and I thought of DSD and what he had said about Hammond) "I'm not bald, this is a solar panel for my sex machine."

My hair might not be as thick as when I was 18 but I still have enough....its all depends...If you love Jacks hair,you'll like mine too :)

I have been a fan of Don Davis since before SG-1. He's a wonderful actor. I love the character of General Hammond. I find him a strong leader who is not afraid to show compassion and humanity. I also admire the fact that he is not afraid to express his feelings and exhibit emotion, especially when it comes to SG-1. He needs to have a storyline of his own (i.e. romance, intrigue, etc.)

LGammaRay2,
Been a fan of DSD since Twin Peaks when he played Major Garland Briggs. That show was one of the best satires on TV. The first season really kept me laughing. The next was half done then cancelled. But DSD left after the first year and didn't get a chance to come back. He was cut out of the movie of the same name as were a lot of characters I liked.
Anyway, DSD has a GREAT sense of humor that hasn't come through on this show. SIGH but is peeking out in the interviews. Chris Judge is one of my favorites on the show and what he said about DSD is funny. "He skis in a trench coat and jeans"..."when I really want a good laugh I play golf with Don."

Sorry if this is a little off topic but what kind of Magazines feature Stargate? I have heard a little about them but of course Australia prefers to make kangaroo meat tham import TV magazines......

I go to my local Barnes & Noble regularly to check out all the sci fi magazines. It's the only store that seems to have all the UK imports. TV Zone is awesome, but a subscription to the US costs a heck of a lot. They don't all have stuff on Stargate SG-1, but you can usually find some tidbit about the show. The company that puts out TV Zone also puts out a ton of other sci fi mags and odds are that one of them each month will feature SG-1.

Cool, well there's not way of me getting any mags imported... one it costs too much and two (I hate to say this but) my parents probably won't allow it......

Doesen't seem to be that expensive really as magazines go.

In my magaine it says $53 for the budget version (12 monthly issues) or $82 to get the extra 4 special editions as well.

$53 is what, £32 which is not cheap for a magazine i guess but not huge. I still have not subscribed yet though but may well do so i think. A christmas present perhaps.. hehe