4.02: The Other Side

I agree with SGP, his sense of right and wrong and what is fair is highly developed. Once he's convinced, he's a junk yard dog in defending his belief.

In Learning Curve he sneaks the girl off of the base to show her what childhood is and what she is losing. In Cor-Ai, he stubbornly clings to wanting to rescue Teal'c.

How many others would say that "Sometimes the very young do not always do as their told," is worth taking back to Earth instead of some sort of technology that would make them more powerful?

Cheers,

Chit Chat would be honored to have these posts but I think they are best left here so others can read and learn!

jsc, Moderator of Chit Chat.

Thank you, people for a very moving and worth while discussion!

I missed this ep the first time around. WOW! How mad was Carter?!? She had that look in her eyes that she seems to reserve solely for Freya and Dr McKay (season 5). It was rather funny how the General left and she just stood there glaring at him with the whole base standing behind her watching the whole thing in surprise/shock/bewilderment and O'Neill's face was a picture! once again I say "WOW!"!!!!!!!! How cool was the last 30 seconds of this ep?!?!?

Originally posted by SGPflughaupt
I've said my piece :)

probably is a good idea,though, to go to chitchat with this.

Back on topic....
I thought the ep showed how Jack,who in the beginning of the episode keeps telling Daniel to "shut up" is able to admit his error without ego getting in the way and continuing to blindly support alliance with the aliens.

It shows that though He might be stubborn at times, he does have a strong sense of ethics and that is probably where he becomes the most stubborn. If he thinks its the 'right' thing to do (defense of Earth,i.e weapons from the civilization of The Otherside or defending another race ,ie Scorched Earth) then it is hard to turn him.
This is one of the things I will miss (between Jack & Daniel) when Shanks leaves.

wow, it's amazing the conversations that can be inspired from a tv episode. Most interesting. The thought that came to my mind often during this ep was Hitler, it's funny someone should mention the Nazis. I myself have no experience with militarr. The closest my family ever came to it is my Opa who was a poor farmer in the Sadaten land in Czechoslovakia & was sent to Russa by Hitler at the very end of the war. I don't defent the Nazis or their beliefs, all I know is that all my father & his family knew & were exosed to was was hunger & that Hitler said was fighting to feed them...shows what propaganda can do. Anyhoo I'm off topic I suppose. I think this episode really made me think & be ...almost affraid. How do you know when you are fighting for the right cause or which is the right side?

It also made me think of the Trek epy where the issue was whether Data was a man or machine. Guinan, in her usual way, mentioned how convenient it would be to have "disposable" people . . . slavery.

Merge

I just merged two threads on this episode, in case things look different.

Rowan

Back