4.03: Upgrades

Hi! SGPflughaupt,

Yes, she had a larger part, I have always liked Teryl Rothery since Broca's Divide. Have you been to her web site? Have you seen the Gatecon pictures of her kissing P.W. and J.R. Bourne?!! They have several nice ones of there at gatecon in the gallery! Addy in Conventions with new moderator, One of the big four who made Gatecon 2000 come alive!

one thing I didn't understand was, for them to be an advance race, they had no concept of materials for clothes. What was that dress's material made of Anise/Freya had on? It look like a 9th grader, home economics homework assignment, gone wrong!

Been there, done that....those pics of her at her website, esp the ones of her in a robe...Yum. Who needs fan fic with those :)

Maybe her lack of clothes is to distract the Goa'uld while another Tokra goes and destroys something or other. This would work because even I was distracted by her the entire episode.

LOL LOL. Guess none of us will miss her when she gone. Probably only her tailor will. I don't think Teal'c liked her either! He just stomped by her when he returned from kicking Jaffa but and saving the rest of SG-1's.

A young male with a fatal does of teenage hormones!
Oh, padders, LOL LOL!

Originally posted by archiver
MythingLink

We'll just have to agree to disagree on the whole Anise/Freya thing. Don't like the either side of her. And the costume has to go. For a show that has in the past shown that women aren't just objects to drool over, they are on the road to undoing that. With the two successive episodes that she's been in, her neckline has dropped until I was fearful she was going to fall out of her top completely.
I have to stop and think that maybe the whole idea was to make people dislike her and if it was, they are one the right track.

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

This is 'typical male' of me, but I love Anise's character. She acts well, she understands her role, and she projects herself with charisma and energy on screen. Also, if she projects an image that shows off her body, I believe that we should embrace that. She has a good body, why should we discriminate her for that? We are not discriminating Teal'c because he's got 21inch arms!

The double edge sword right here on stargate!

get past it, kid. There won't be any R ratings and kids can still watch the show if Teal'c takes off his shirt. :mad:

Super Jack

I loved the superhuman moments in this episode. Especially the bit where Jack is talking to Hammond in his office and say's that he feels that he could do anything and then kicks a chunk out of the wall.

"Sorry, sir."
"Just get the hell out of here!"

I also liked the new look Red Serpent Guards, even if they are just spray-painted red.

Originally posted by Texane
get past it, kid. There won't be any R ratings and kids can still watch the show if Teal'c takes off his shirt. :mad:

Kid,

I believe not! Anise ROCKS! She's pretty, beautiful, and intelligent! I have already explained why, so I refuse to reiterate my arguments.

Anise has the skills and the body to do anything she wants. I support her all the way!

I didn't like her character (I'm not much for any of the characters who use we Earthers as their own personal play toys to be used as they see fit). Anise definitely has the attitude that "humans are a lesser species who are to be used as needed." [in "Enterprise," see Vulcans.] Interesting just how closely the Tok'ra's behavior can identified with that of the goa'uld.

Originally posted by Texane
I didn't like her character (I'm not much for any of the characters who use we Earthers as their own personal play toys to be used as they see fit). Anise definitely has the attitude that "humans are a lesser species who are to be used as needed." [in "Enterprise," see Vulcans.] Interesting just how closely the Tok'ra's behavior can identified with that of the goa'uld.

Oh really? How do you explain Colonel Jacob Carter? Anise's role was to conduct experiments. Do you think that Scientists on earth really care about their subjects or their project?

The bottom line was that Anise is a scientist. Its her job to see how technology changes, reshapes, and redefines someone's being.

You missed the point. Unless you are/were Dr. Mengela, use your own species as lab rats.