Small Victories

archiver

MythingLink

High tech legos or something from my son's erector set. <G> I'm fairly easy to please when it comes to SG1 eps and this one, although it won't be listed as one of my top ten favorites, didn't disappoint.
As much as I enjoy watching the show for the main characters, I like to see the way they develop the other non-major characters and I was please with the way that they are bringing Major Davis along. Having a sympathetic ear running between the Joint Chiefs and the SGC is a nice touch.

Like how Daniel, with the help of his conversation with Sam, figured out why the Replicators were a different color and that they wouldn't be as formidable as the ones on Thor's ship.

One question, Thor must have a birthmark that we can't see because I can't see how Jack could know it was Thor who came through the Gate and not one of the other Asgard.

And I did enjoy seeing Jack in 'military' action rather than just following in Sam or Daniel's lead as they puzzle things out scientifically.

Hammer

Personally, I loved the replicators...they're something new, something different. Instead of another typical biological 2 armed/2 legged alien species we've got some technobugs that aren't afraid to bite.
It was great to see Major Davis in there - this guy is great! He's the one who's the "link between two worlds" the Pentagon and the SGC. Instead of Samuels or Maybourne or Senator Kensey sticking their noses in, it's nice to know that the Stargate program has some friends at the Pentagon.

I loved the angst TPTB had Daniel going through and how Davis was there with him the whole time. Even though Davis could have given the order at any time, he let Daniel believe he had the power to decide his friends' fate. And that angst was superb!

As for identifying the Asgard, it may appear to some people that they all look alike, but maybe it's just a general thing. A group of people may look alike at first, but if you know an individual for some time, you get to see the differences in identifying them from others that everyone else doesn't see at first. Maybe this is the case with Thor?

And it was GREAT to see some action happening for the team. Really good to see some interaction with Sam and Thor - loved those parts. "I like the yellow ones" and especially "It was your stupid idea, Major Carter".

But there's one thing I *HAVE* to say that really bugs me (pun not intended!)...Sam's hair. Every time I watch this episode, I feel like throwing a hairbrush at her. Needless to say, my husband doesn't like watching Season 4 with me as I'm always shouting "BRUSH YOUR HAIR, SAM!" or "GET THAT WOMAN A COMB!". I'm not obsessed...alright, maybe I am. Occasionally. Sometimes. Often. Most of the time. Alright, all the time. <shrug> I'm proud of it too :)

----------
Hammer - DANIELite, JACKette, TEAL'Conian, KAWler, FERling and GM of the Stargate Command RPG
"Didn't I order you to get a life?" -- Jack O'Neill, The Other Side ¦ "Greetings from Earth, Doctor Jackson" Louis Ferretti, Children Of The Gods

MythingLink

You know when I first saw Sam's new hairdo, my first thought was that her hair sure grows fast in a week. <G> Actually I didn't mind it so much at first, but now as things have gone on with 4 episodes down, it seems to be getting more and more unruly.
Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

Sean3W

I don't like it, she needs to get it cut. I mean come on now. I can't stand to go more than 3 weeks without my hair cut. And Teal'c! That little hair thing he has going on? When I read some spoilers of season 4, they did mention something about hair. I thought they meant on his head. Then I saw him in Gamekeeper with hair? Oooh buddy. Keep the bowling ball head.

MythingLink

You know I actually like Teal'c's little caterpiller (or shrimp as one friend put it). As the shows progress I've found I don't even notice it anymore.
Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net