Watergate

archiver

MythingLink

From Showtime:
When the Russians discover a Stargate, they turn to SG-1 for help.

====

First thought is that they found our Gate that went down with Thor's ship. Second thought is that this is the episode that Marina Sirtis is going to be in.

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

MythingLink

I've just rewatched it and althought it isn't going into my list of Top 10 Shows, it wasn't a bad episode. Although I think it opened up a whole lot of questions that I hope they answer soon.
One of those questions deals with the timeline of the show. According to Dr. Markov they have had the Gate for about 2 months now and it's been in operation for, I think she said, 37 days. So this episode has taken place about 2 months after the downing of Thor's ship into the ocean. We know that during Window of Opportunity, approximately 3 months had passed while Jack and Teal'c were stuck in that loop. Get my drift?

SG1-Daniel are stuck on some planet for at least a week between Nemesis and Small Victories.

Then we've got all the rest of the eps from then one up to Window of Opportunity lasting what, at the very least 4 months. So this one had to take place before Window of Opportunity actually.

Stuff we learned: The Russians, of course, recovered the original Gate so that it was strong enough to withstand the explosion of Thor's ship and re-entry into our atmosphere. The Germans had the Giza DHD which the Russians took from them after WWII.

As long as the DHD is connected to the Gate, it superceeds our Gate which is connected to a computer.

Maybourne, lovely Maybourne, has resurfaced after SoG and has joined the Russians???

Questions:

Now that the Russian's have a Gate and DHD and now that they have solved the problem that made the US aware of the Gate, are they going to keep using it?

If they do, are we going to unpack the Arctic DHD and connect it to our Gate and if we do, which Gate then superceeds which Gate? Or are we going to have to work in tangent with the Russians whenever we or they want to use the Gate? How do we work teams off world who have emergencies and need to get back quickly?

Memorable Quotes (for me):

Daniel: The Russians have a Stargate?

Jack: I've never been in a submarine before.

Jack: Holy frozen bad guys.

Daniel: So they occasionally catch fire, but they keep perfect time. Sorry. I think I've been hanging around Jack O'Neill too much.

Teal'c: Do not humans usually die when they are frozen?

Jack: They usually don't breath when they're dead either.

Jack: Okay, I think we should duck.

Then giving the final line to Jack was great for him.

Jack: Here's a thought - we just exchanged hostages. (More the type of thing a military guy would realize than a scientist type?)

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink

SGPflughaupt

That fire and time quote from Daniel is gotta be my fav quote from this ep. I watched it twice that night and laughted even harder the second time I heard it.
The time line thing is a good question. I dont remember what the Russian doc said regarding when they found it or how long they've had it so I am just stabbing in the dark with theorys to explain it all away ("It was all bad dream,dorothy"). Maybe the Russians didnt find it right away,maybe they searched the impact site for a month or so before finding the gate. That would give little more time between the original loss and Watergate;maybe enought time to fit in Window of Opportunity. I just thought of something....the whole earth was trapped in the time bubble so only ten hours passed in Russia too as well as SGC so there isnt a time problem (correct me if I'm wrong but noone was aware of the problem except Jack and Teal'c and they never mentions the rest of the military on earth having problems contacting SGC just the Tok'ra which were outside of the other 13 planets affected (I remember Carter mentioning that number of planets also caught in the loop).

SGPflughaupt

I am also interested how things will work now that the Russians have their own gate (I dont think they are about to give it back to the Americans) I wonder if the Americans will demand Maybourne back too (the military has a BIG hangup about traitors,just look how vietnam vets fell about Jane Fonda and she just go her picture taken with NVA troops)

MythingLink

Hey, you're right about the time loop thing. Good thinking. No one on Earth would have noticed that those three months had passed. Which begs another question? Which I'll ask under the correct Forum. <G>
As for the Gate, I would imagine that the Russians are going to be keeping it and since good old Maybourne has probably taken a hike out of Siberia, I'm not real sure that Jack is going to be able to bring him back and if I was Russian, I wouldn't let Jack find him. <G>

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink