padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

MythingLink

I've got one major issue with this episode and no one has been able to ease my mind about it yet. Maybe someone here will be able to do so.
When they just let Linea go back, what is going to keep someone from slipping up and telling her what has happened. More so, we know that she is incredibly intelligent and very curious. I can't imagine that she isn't going to question what happened to her and why she can't remember things. She strikes me as the type who would search for the answers and there are enough clues on the planet that she should be able to figure it out.

Personally, I think the SGC made a serious mistake in letting her leave.

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

SGPflughaupt

Yea,I remember now that I crossed my mind at the time too. Sort of like making a gift of a ticking bomb......"and while I'm at it,heres a box of matches for your kids"

Martouf

I thought of the same thing Mything.... but I was quite surprised that the writers could think up an episode like this... weird

Just to resurect this veeery old thread...

I dunno, she seemed to kinda regret what she'd done.

Something that realy bugs me, is, how could Daniel get off with someone the episode after his wife has died? And he's not even under any alien influence!:mad:

Originally posted by kelsi

Something that realy bugs me, is, how could Daniel get off with someone the episode after his wife has died? And he's not even under any alien influence!:mad:

Yeah I knda wondered that..he did touch on the subject that he had just lost his wife...but then again I supose he felt he lost her years before that when the Gou'ald took her to be a host.

it was still too soon. technically 7 days after we see the final fate of shau'ri danny is ready to knock boots with kera.

in much the same vein, on showtime 100 days aired right before shades of grey...both of those eps put jack through the wringer. now in syndi the eps were separated by about a month and a half of reruns...and that apparant 6 week time span gave folks a different opinion of jack's behavior in SoG

Thread, rise from your grave

Well, keep in mind that the show doesn't follow real-time. For all we know several months passed between FIAD and PAP. Also, I think that Danny felt that he "lost" Sha're long before she actually died. When she died it was sort of like a confimation. Sort of like when someone is MIA for 2 years and final word comes in that they are dead. Some of the grieving process is prolly already done.

Also, Danny resisted and all they did was kiss. He prolly felt guitly after as well.

Anyway, just watched this ep on DVD and I came on here to post the same thought of most of you: Kera will use here latent genius and eventually find out who she was. Now will she kill herself like she was ready to because of the guilt and fear, or will she take it out on the people because they hid it from her? Could go either way.

All in all, this is a very good episode concept. The resolution is rushed, but the ep is pretty good.

Originally posted by beckmen
Well, keep in mind that the show doesn't follow real-time. For all we know several months passed between FIAD and PAP.
Although in principle there are gaps and delays, each time in this and other episodes that times are implied, i.e. since we "last" saw a particular character etc., it is either implicit or explicit that "one season of SG-1 = one year"....

Originally posted by archiver
I can't imagine that she isn't going to question what happened to her and why she can't remember things. She strikes me as the type who would search for the answers and there are enough clues on the planet that she should be able to figure it out.
Not only that, there must be at least one person on the planet who will not accept she has changed and will still hold a grudge. They are going to go and tell her. Not everyone will be as forgiving as Orner and Layale were.

Also, how did she take the antidote anyway, I though it had to be injected into the carotid artery?