2.07: Message In A Bottle

message in a bottle

don't you think hammond was a bit harsh on sam when he was saying something about contradicting herself? she was just trying to make an informed decision and she didn't have all the information yet. so one minute she thinks that they should cut the oxygen level, then increase it the next.
hammond to made decisions based on info he had and he didn't have all the info. that's why he initiated Wildfire. that explosion would have speeded up the destruction of the world.

he shouldn't have snapped at her like that.

yeah! he said something like "you've been telling me to do the exact opposite of what you want me to do now!" (sorry can't remember it that well)

The crush thing?

UK viewers saw this 2 weeks ago, and there was something mentioned on the channel's site about Simmons having a crush on Sam or vice versa. I would really like to know what is said about this, as I was unable to see all of it at the time.
I've seen worse episodes, and it was interesting to see how Jack/RDA handled being the one in trouble for once. Over all, the objective of the virus (whatever it was), really did seem to come down to:
"We went forth..."
"And multiplied." J/D.

Yeah Simmons did have a crush on Carter, it was a nice scene when she gave him a few words of comfort in the imfirmary..
One thing that wasnt totally clear was that when all the "messages" went back into the "bottle", how did the ones that were in Simmons and spread aound other parts of the SGC get back, the ones in RDA were still in contact with the orb via the big skewers so travveled back down it..

All the parts were connected! so when one went the rest had to follow!

yeah but some bits like the ones in Simmons were moved, ie Simmons was moved... so would have been separated...but then again I suppose that the whole place was so overrun that there wasnt anywhere that wasnt conneted..

It took time for the creature (s) to multiply but when Jack convinced it (them) to go to the new world it (they) got into the orb really REALLY FAST!

I just happened to see this episode again yesterday. Oh, my poor Jack...was he crying? After he and Teal'c were talking (wild horses), the orb rammed another few feet of steel rod into Jack's shoulder when the welder was about to break thru, I thought Jack looked like he was, well, crying. He was in such pain, physically and emotionally. That is one of the few times I have seen O'Neill have full out open emotions. You know RDA is a good actor when he can be a cocky, sarcastic smarta$$ 99% of the time, then be totally believable when he cries. Some people look so funny when they cry, but not him.

Yeah, I thought he did a great job. You can really empathise with him. And I was impressed at the depth of the friendship which has developed between Jack and Teal'c. A really good episode.

That was a good episode. I loved everyone's support of Jack. RDA really did good in that one!

Re: The crush thing?

Originally posted by Sci-Fi16
UK viewers saw this 2 weeks ago, and there was something mentioned on the channel's site about Simmons having a crush on Sam or vice versa. I would really like to know what is said about this, as I was unable to see all of it at the time.

Remember the scene when Daniel and Sam are talking about the ORB and Simmons is standing behind them? Daniel makes a comment about Simmons always getting nervous whenever he's around Sam, or something like that. Then Simmons, who has heard everything they've said, has to make a comment to them. It was a cute scene. Everybody showed a bit of embarrassment.

Cheers,

Cheers for that, that does sound like a cute scene, wish I hadn't missed it now.

Originally posted by Sci-Fi16
Cheers for that, that does sound like a cute scene, wish I hadn't missed it now.

Well there are always reruns. ;)

Cheers,

Yeah, I liked that scene, I wish they'd played on it more though.

Originally posted by Leelu
I just happened to see this episode again yesterday. Oh, my poor Jack...was he crying?

I think it's actually sweat. Remember, Jack has a very very high fever that Doc is having a hard time controling. I really liked this episode, especially...yes the shippy moments like when Sam squeezes Jack's hand & the look she gives when she thinks she's killed him. The Simmons dead or alive issue, I always assumed he'd died (they said he was so far gone) but then was shocked to see him later on..yes I think it was Fifth Race. I thought Danny & Sam were reather mean & inconsiderate of his feelings though (laughing at him from behind their hands).

I saw this one for the first time tonight. Yeah, okay it is five years old for everybody else. However I digress.

I also had the fortune of watching the Andromeda Strain the night before. The similarities, chasing around a virus and such like are remarkable.

By and large I think I would say I prefer the SG version of events

Originally posted by skoon
I think it's actually sweat. Remember, Jack has a very very high fever that Doc is having a hard time controling.
He's also in intense pain, at least initially, and anyone who's been in that situation can know that sweat is one of the byproducts... :(
I thought Danny & Sam were reather mean & inconsiderate of his feelings though (laughing at him from behind their hands).
It's perhaps human nature for two fairly close colleagues, on the introduction of a new, relatively inexperienced junior staff member who has a slight crush on one of you, to make light of the situation... lol

Was surprised to hear Carter pronounce the "th" in neanderthal. How dissapointing.