4.06: Window Of Opportunity

Well, for those of us without tapes it is on in the US on Showtime tonight!:cool: I'll still watch!

Absolute Power, Window of Opportunity, plus a new Invisible Man and Farscape - good rason to stay home! (Especially if it rains, eh jsc? Our local drivers, in the rain, on a Friday night - that's too scary to contemplate!)

Golf cloths

Hey Texane:
The way Jack was dress when he was
playing golf with Teal'c was to honor the
late golf player who was killed last year in
a plane crash. The golfer use to dress that
way everytime he was playing, and RDA was
a fan of his.

Ayeah, but RDA went overboard because of the WoO show!

I don't think he did out all.
I think if was nice of RDA
to think of Payne that
way.
Shortea
:p

i just love that part. reminds me of the 1st man to play golf on moon (diff story) but the whole eppy.

which explains my avvy. just thought id share it with the world *eg*

Hey Woody i'd just like 2 say that i totally agree with u. Can i just say (and i dont mean to offend ne1) that could we please leave the whole girl power thing out of this! Ok, so jack did what he did to sam but did ne1 think that he was thinking of her when he did it? I mean he would have done it this way because it didn't mean that they would have to sacrifice their careers and/or face a court-martial or distroy the whole team's relationships with each other. i think that the only reason that sam wouldnt have done the same in his position is that she wouldnt have had the courage or nerve to 'screw the regs' as everyone puts it or hand her resignation in. This is just my opinion however and who knows, she may have done exactly the same thing in jack's position. None of us will know unless they do the same episode again only this time put sam in jack's position(which i dont think will ever happen!) As i said, this is just my opinion and please dont b insulted by it.:alienooh:

I must admit - seeing Sam in a really big "screw the regs" epy would be great!:rotate: And wouldn't Hammond just lose his mind?!!! He could then be sure the whole world had gone to hell in a handbasket! :nuts:

Re: Golf cloths

Originally posted by shortea
Hey Texane:
The way Jack was dress when he was
playing golf with Teal'c was to honor the
late golf player who was killed last year in
a plane crash. The golfer use to dress that
way everytime he was playing, and RDA was
a fan of his.

The clothes did NOT help RDA's golf game. Teal'c was WAY under par! :smiliea:

I have just watched this episode again. Its absoultely fantastic and downright hilarious.

The things Jack and Teal'c get up to are ludicrous in one sense but really funny on the other. My favourite scene has to be where he kisses Sam and the golf scene. Hearing Gen. Hammond in the background always makes me laugh. Thankfully I have it on DVD so can watch time and time again.

annette :)

As those who have been on these boards awhile know, one of my favorite things in the entire series is in this epy: the latin book Jack looks at is written by Dr. Mullozzi, Ph.D. (sp - sorry)! :laugh2:

Okay, an "official" comment on the golf scene (and implications about "that kiss"):

From the Region 2 DVD (volume 16) featurette:

Brad Wright had the idea at the start of series 4 to somehow get a scene featured where they play golf through the gate. When they had finished writing "WoW" they realised they were short of material, so decided to add a montage of "what would happen if there were no consequences" type shots: i.e. the montage of loony stuff.

This included the golf scene, which Brad was now able to include.

It also includes "that kiss" - which seems to be Jack doing something with no consequences.

And lets face it, how many of us have a colleague we would REALLY like to kiss, just once; and preferably sober, and not at our retirement party.

Thanks for the Information... that was fun to read about TPeppic!

Originally posted by PTeppic
Okay, an "official" comment on the golf scene (and implications about "that kiss"):

And lets face it, how many of us have a colleague we would REALLY like to kiss, just once; and preferably sober, and not at our retirement party.

and not to mention, even though Sam doesn't remember it, she sure seemed to enjoy it!

Originally posted by jsc
Thanks for the Information... that was fun to read about TPeppic!
And totally serendipitous, timing-wise. I only received the DVD on Monday, but got round to watching the extras (i.e. the feature-ette) this morning, about 15 minutes AFTER reading this thread!:p

Sum1's got a crush!!!!

It might just b wishful thinking here but I think that

*drumroll please*

AT has a crush on RDA!!!!!!! For evidence of this just watch the extras on the D&C DVD (u no the bit with the bio on RDA when Teryl and Don have 2 act like complete morons - u can sooooo tell she was dying 2 laugh whilst filming that, it was so sad!!!!)

P.S. Yes I know that they r both married.

Well I agree the kiss could be seen as out of order BUT......I didnt see Sam fighting him off!!! She seemed to enjoy it and wrapped her arms round him!!
maybe he should have told her about it after but who knows maybe he did? A lot of stuff is supposed to happen off camera.
And yeah I saw that bit on the dvd too. Where she goes on about how good looking he is and how lucky she is to be working with him.

and Sam did know that if they didn't break the loop, no one but O'Neill would remember the kiss.

a bit late I know but i was just discussing this ep with friends and then I downloaded the ep, I've really gota say, itz now my absolute fav ep, even though I don't have these extras that U get on dvd :( but yeah, love the no consequences sequence ......
btw, I'm ignorant I know but was *that kiss* scripted ? cuz if it was, AT did a good job of suprised b4 she 'melted' :)