padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

SGPflughaupt

Well,Its been a few weeks since this episode aired...and I still laugh when I think about it.......this is number one on my list of favorite episodes (at least right now)

Hammer

Ohhhhhhhh...SO loved this episode. At first I was a little hesitant. I was thinking "Oh yeah, alright, another 'lets save the SGC' story"...not that I mind them, but throw in a time loop and it can get rather repetitive <snicker>
But then, when Teal'c and Jack started juggling, I started thinking "Aha...they ARE gonna do something fun with this episode". Then came the FUN part!

The golf...ah, Gate-Golfing, the intergalactic sport of champions.

By the way Teal'c, loved those pants :-D

----------
Hammer - DANIELite, JACKette, TEAL'Conian, KAWler, FERling and GM of the Stargate Command RPG
"Colonel O'Neill, what the HELL are you doing?!" "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING??!" -- Hammond and O'Neill, Window Of Opportunity ¦ "I'm telling ya Teal'c, if we don't get out of this soon I'm going to lose it...lose it, it means crazy, nuts, bonzo, to lose control of one's faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal...WACKO!" -- O'Neill, Window Of Opportunity ¦ "What are you smiling at?" "Nothin'" -- Carter and O'Neill, Window Of Opportunity

Hammer

Oh! Then there was the part riiiiiight at the end of the time-looping...that's right, that memorable scene where Jack decided to resign.
Jack: "Excuse me, George"
Hammond: "Colonel, what are you doing out of uniform?"
Jack: "Handing in my resignation."
Carter: "Resigning? What for?"
Jack: "So I can do this..."

Yes, well, if you've seen the ep, you'll know what comes next! I just found that scene hilarious :-D

By the way, can you tell I loved this episode? (Check out my signature) :)

----------
Hammer - DANIELite, JACKette, TEAL'Conian, KAWler, FERling and GM of the Stargate Command RPG
"Colonel O'Neill, what the HELL are you doing?!" "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING??!" -- Hammond and O'Neill, Window Of Opportunity ¦ "I'm telling ya Teal'c, if we don't get out of this soon I'm going to lose it...lose it, it means crazy, nuts, bonzo, to lose control of one's faculties, three fries short of a Happy Meal...WACKO!" -- O'Neill, Window Of Opportunity ¦ "What are you smiling at?" "Nothin'" -- Carter and O'Neill, Window Of Opportunity

Marleen

I loved the jokes in the episode. Jack eating fruit loops, Teal'c with that thermometer *grin*. The only thing I really hated was that mean grin on Jack's face at the end of the episode. He took advantage of Sam when she was sort of vulnerable, a big no no. Not nice and out of character I think...

----------
If a schizophrenic threatens with suicide, are we talking about a hostage
situation then?

Heh, this is a favourite by a lot of people, me too!
I liked it when Teal'C just shoved the door into the airman's face :)

I found this more of a harmless episode.....
Jack shows emotion at the end when he convinces that guy that there's no point to go back in time

Ah, but did anyone recognize that one of the writers also designated himself as the author of the book, "Latin for Novices" that Jack was looking through when he and Teal'c had to memorize the translation of the 'glifs on the time machine?

Yep. I agree. The entire "no consequences" scene was a scream. And Jack really needs to work on his back swing - Teal'c was way under par.

And the oatmeal at the end was disgusting.

Heh, yeah the Oatmeal bit.

Well i did not see the name of the book as i live Down Under and this ep has not screened yet. And it is hard to read stuff like that on .asf format :)

A fantastic episode full of laughs...

The golf scene was priceless :)

Even Tealc had his fair share of funnies.

I thought Jack was gonna continue with Daniels accident in the corridor for a long long time.

Ranger

"You want sarcasm, Nice to meet ya"

WOW

I have to say this episod gets a full two thumbs up.
LOL
My fav part has to be the bit where jack hands in his resignation and sam asks why.
He then turns round and .................. gives her the biggest smackrummy on the lips that i've seen in a sci fi for a while.

If you haven't guested i'm a sam and jack relationship fan.

Hi to all those other gaters out there i hope to meet u all soon.

If you write fanfics drop me a line cause i've made it my mission to read all sam and jack relastionship fanfics

talk later

lmao

Just caught this episode in the UK, I totally agree with the general consensus (spelling!?) that a bit of light relief was just what the doctor ordered. At first I thought On no! groundhog day, been there, seen that, but it got funnier and funnier. Loved the golf thang and found the sneaky smacker between Jack and Sam pleasing because I think (I hope) it's the only time the writers are gonna let themselves get that close to the situation we dare not speak of. I also liked that Teal'c was permitted to let a bit of humour out. We all new it was in there and who new his smile was so cute?
Wormhole disengaged.......
Ciao

We Teal'c fans knew! He is Coffeecup's and my favorite hunk. The episode was particularlly good at developing both Jack's character and Teal'c. Love it when Teal'c hit the poor man in the face with the door! His expression of satisfaction afterward was priceless.

Come on and post more, Mishkaz. I would also like to see what you don't like! We might agree or disagree! BUT I got your zat!

Of course, it had a serious point to the ending, but it was so much fun. What did you people think of the pottery scene and the juggling?

And Daniel being the student in the translation! That whole episode is so funny!

[Edited by jsc on 10-16-2000 at 11:51 AM]

I am watching this epy again as we "speak", and I've decided it is one of my favorites. I think I asked this in another thread: did anyone notice that one of the writers made himself the author of the book, "Latin for Novices," that Jack was looking through when they had to start memorizing the 'glifs?

This was the funniest epy yet. I loved it!

You said it already......In this forum,about 6 posts before your re-post. Or are you being forced to relive your own life and instead only everyone else is aware of the loop? :)

Perhaps SGPFlughaupt if we still don't answer Texane's question she will relive it again in another six posts. Yes. That was another funny part. I NOTICED TEXANE. YES! I NOTICED TEXANE. YES! I NOTI

I'll bet you snakes didn't notice, and you're all on loop 2,345,876,034,038,036, No wonder you aren't getting your DVD's on time . . .

And for being to tacky, once I'm Queen of the Universe, I'm leaving you lost in the loops . . . just for my own personal amusement, of course.

I do believe I'm pondering obtaining a snake . . .

Has anyone spoken to the First Prime of Queen Hathor lately?

LOLLOL I guess SGPflughaupt our humor isn't appreciated here, hissss. We had better crawl to another thread!