padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Sean3w

Poor egyptian. I feel sorry for him. Lots of use of the Stargate. Always bonus for me. I give it a 9 out of 10.

MythingLink

Standing ovation to Janet for standing up to Teal'c the way she did. Really fine portrayal of what is important to her - her patient or her politics.
What went through my mind at the end was wondering what everyone was thinking as they watched Apophis' body being put into the Stargate: Martouf's last lines about him getting what he deserved and the looks on the faces of everyone really was a kind of scene that has to make you wonder about the realities of war and having mortal enemies.

I really liked Daniel in this episode and his confusion at first as to what he was hearing when the host began talking. I don't remember that they ever really brought it up before, but I think it put a new wrinkle in the way that they all think about killing the Goa'uld because they aren't just killing the symbiote, they are killing the host. The ramification of this comes out in a couple of episodes of Season 4 and I'm glad to see that they are addressing it.

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

MythingLink

Would have killed whoever was on that planet, but that's no guarantee that it would have killed Sokar and would have just given him another reason to attack the Tau'ri with everything he's got which I think they were trying to avoid. <G>
Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

I like very much this ep. It's a very good character study of all main characters, we can see here also their evil parts (the scene between Teal'c and Apophis is great).
I think it's one of the best ep. ever.

I think this was a great episode for everyone in SGC. Got most of the casts reaction through reaction shots. But loved Martouf in this episode also. The Forgive Lantesh ... is a good passionate speach and performance!

And Peter Williams as Apophis and the Egyptian is great! Loved seeing the Host!

this did give everyone a chance to show a little or thier dark sides, and also the more human price to the war with the goa'uld. for every snake they fry, there is a more than likely human caught in the crossfire, a fact that was excellently brought home in the end.

I agree with you jsc. It is probably very easy for them to forget that there is an unwilling host involved and that person was probably someone very innocent and very good who did nothing to deserve being used the way they are.

I loved Daniel's reaction when the host first makes his appearance ... he's tongue tied and in shock, I believe, as he remembers that there is a person in there who was taken and used against their will. Something that the Tok'ra don't seem to want to accept or address.

Cheers,

have they said in this ep what's the name of apophis host before he got freed from the goa'uld apophis ?

kree sha

As far as I know, they've only said that the host was a scribe in the temple of Amun in Karnak, but no name.

I agree with Vera, they seemed to call him the host or the egyptian or the scribe none of which are names! It seems so sad to be traped for thousands of years and no one except your worst nightmare knows your name!

kel sha,

that's point of view ..

if the egyptian was one of these who want to live forever i think he made a quite good choice ..
if he was taken against his will .. misfortune :)

kree sha

It was a great show! Peter William's make up job was special! But I did not know at the time that he was speaking jibberish while MS as Daniel spoke the real language!

What would Martouf actually have said 2 Apophis, if he had listened?
(M) 'Hi, in case you don't know, I'm Tok'ra. Tok'apophis for that matter too. And now you're going to die! Hehehehehehehe!'
(S)'Martouf, what have I told you about drinking whole bottles of alcohol?'
(M)'Well, you weren't there! I had to drown my sorrow somehow!'
(A) 'Oi, I'm trying to die dramatically here! Get outta the limelight!'

Hehe, just my idea of a reeel short, S/M themed fanfic! :p

I love this episode. I was a bit bad by buying it on video weeks before Ch4 got around to it, but it was worth it!

So, Sokar was attacking in a new way unexperienced by the Tau'ri before.....Oh, I'm going to just go onto Apophis.
He was dying right? People have a right to life. Does 'people' include the old snake? The creature was a murderer, we know what he did to Sha're, and SG-1 have first hand experience of his other exploits.
I don't think that he really deserved to have sanctuary, though it was a pretty well calculated guess on his part that the humans would show him such mercy and not, well, blow his head off the moment they saw him.
The separate reactions of the team to Apophis, and eah one's little 'chat' with the system lord were brilliant, abosolutly great to watch. Teal'c was so nasty, bitter, I suppose, but with good reason, not that he should of prevented Janet helping her paitent.
Jack's discussion with him was typical of the Colonel, and Sam's was notably non-existant, but Daniel's was a different matter entirely: I was thinking 'He's got slightly angry before, he could do similar here as he did with Heruer in Secrets, or he might not say much at all'. Therefore, I was totally uprepared for what he did say.
Oh, you go Danny-boy, you go!
Brilliant to see, I will be bloodyminded and say I now want it to be Daniel to finish Apophis off, you know, fulfil his promise.

Originally posted by Sci-Fi16
The separate reactions of the team to Apophis, Teal'c was so nasty, bitter, I suppose, but with good reason, not that he should of prevented Janet helping her paitent.

I loved the scene with Teal'c blocking Janet's way, and she's like; "Teal'c, move out of my way," in her talking-to-crazy-people voice. ;)

Originally posted by jsc
It seems so sad to be traped for thousands of years and no one except your worst nightmare knows your name!

shoulda went to cheers...everyone there knows your name :D

Originally posted by kelsi

I loved the scene with Teal'c blocking Janet's way, and she's like; "Teal'c, move out of my way," in her talking-to-crazy-people voice. ;)

Yes, that's good. Shows the ways all people can stand up for themselves.

kel sha,

hehe i saw that ep yesterday again and now i'm sure that all this "civilized" (perhaps except sam) wanted to kill apophis while he was lyin' in bed (not without reason ;)) ...
and i like the grinning face from jack, teal'c and daniel when they saw apophis suffering his pain ...
.. 'cos on this grinnin' faces u can read all what they think ...
i wonder that jack haven't killed him 'cos i think if apophis would find jack injured he would be the same (or he take him prisoned for an goa'uld as host ...) ..

kree sha