padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Sean3w

Eh, was ok. Only liked it cause it showed the use of a horizontal stargate. That was the only reason why I watched it. Maybourne really made me mad in this one. Grr. I give it a 6 out of 10.
----------
Come visit http://www.sg2070.com

MythingLink

I usually like any episode where Jack gets to show off his military skills. <G> But that's not the only reason I liked Touchstone.
Besides giving us the episode arc that led to Shades of Grey it also gave helped to eventually give us a lead in to WaterGate and followed up with what happened in Solitudes. It's one of the reasons I find the show so fascinating at times. They'll take these little things and eventually make something of them.

It also brought out how we have to consider what our actions are going to do with the other societies that we encounter. We can't just go in and take without knowing what the consequences of our actions are going to be.

It also set up the premise that we are somehow 'our brother's keeper' in that the SGC has to keep an eye on what others are doing with what they are finding on other worlds.

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

Sean3w

I always seem to forget the most importan things about the episodes. grr.

It seems that the heads behind the other Stargate have a weird way of thinking. They take a devince fron an other world that is the entire world's means of life. then they take here to Earth without the slightest idea of how it works. Then it cares them awhile to figure out, that they are driving Earth's wheather crazy. The scary thing is that the US military has done far stupider things.

ZachWZ

I think we forget the arrogance of those in military intelligence. Some of them would stop at almost nothing to gain technical superiority over "the enemy", even if such an enemy doesn't even exist yet.

Think what power being able to control the weather would be, even on an Earth-based local conflict?

Originally posted by archiver
MythingLink

It also brought out how we have to consider what our actions are going to do with the other societies that we encounter. We can't just go in and take without knowing what the consequences of our actions are going to be.

It also set up the premise that we are somehow 'our brother's keeper' in that the SGC has to keep an eye on what others are doing with what they are finding on other worlds.

Archiver, I agree. Very philosophical of you to realize all of this. The writers do a great job of tying little things together in later episodes. That's one of the reasons I love the show too!

Originally posted by archiver
MythingLink

It also brought out how we have to consider what our actions are going to do with the other societies that we encounter.
----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

Oh...I don't know. They scew up quite royally several times including Thors Hammer S1, One False Step S2, Red Sky S5 I'm sure there's more. An ok episod all & all, but I always like seeing Maybourne.

I don't mind this episode, takes a fairly simple plot of search and retrieval and manages to turn it into something interesting to watch. And the princess (la moore? or something) isn't bad to look at either ;)

Of course it's one of the most important early outings of the NID, with all sorts of consequences for multiple episodes in later series.

Hmmm, I think I might have to break out the Season 1 DVDs and check this episode out a little later...yeah, great episode.

Back