padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Sean3w

Seems like the title should be called "Blast from the Past" Good episode. I've never really seen anything on the hippie era. Long before my time. I give it a 8 out of 10.
----------
Come visit http://www.sg2070.com

MythingLink

We all know that Jack is pretty irreverent. I know some people who believed that he had stepped over the line with Hammond when the team returned with his comments about a 'sparky young Lieutenant Hammond'. Anybody else agree?
I liked the episode though and thought that they had done a good job with the 'grandfather clause' aspect of it. Things of that nature are sometimes difficult to deal with in order to make them seem plausible.

Wonder what Kennedy is going to think when he first hears about 'Star Wars' and Luke Skywalker? Oops, there's that name again. <G>

Cheers,

----------
MythingLink
The Woolfden: http://www.woolfden.net

1969 What a great year and my favorite
show of the second season!!!

Real Cooool Jack!!
:rolly2:

C-YA!!!
Shortea:)

:star: :flash: :star: :rain:

it was a great romp. thanks to the vagarities of getting showtime for season 3 premiere adn starting season 2 in syndie...1969 was one of hte last 'new' eps i got to see...and the most anticipated(i was born in 69 so found it really interesting)

all in all it was fun, dramatic, adn full of nice little surprises

and for a laugh (shameless plug) check out 'inspiration' on helio by denise aka yours truly...i had a little fun with our heroes;)

Nyet???

Where there's a will, there's an or....

but the best had to be:

Michael: We're even thinking of crossing the border up to Canada
Teal'c: For what reason?
Michael: You know man, the war
Teal'c: (knowlingly) The war with Canada.

LOLOLOL

radical

toatlly cool man...........ok coz i was an 80's baby i cant do it properly!!!not my fault!

this epi was THE funniest!!! the part wen danny did the accent-german i think it was totally split my sides!!! i mean i did german for3years and still couldnt get the hang of it!!!
he looked so COOL in that epi!and jack suited that leather jacket-much to my astonishment i mean he is 50!!!
iffat

:alienooh:

Saddo alert...

If the timing of the wormhole was so precise, that "seconds" made the difference in the first return attempt, how come

a) its not the actual wormhole being established in space-time that is more important than when they enter it

b) they still enter up to a couple of seconds apart - wouldn't they go to different points in space time?

c) and they are still pretty casual about when to go or not, even under the required conditions of split-second timing...

A picky little Reetou called P'Teppic...

1969 was a great episode.
I think you could tell the writers had fun thinking it up and the actors had fun playing it out.

The costumes were cool too!
I just loved seeing Teal'c in that gear:D

I think it's refreshing to have the odd "light hearted" episode.

I really loved this episode, it was a nice light hearted episode.

Some great scenes in it. Loved that line by Tealc "the war in Canada". Those hippies where so funny! :D

I admit the exact timing bit didn't make much sense with the difference of when they each went into the wormhole, just a minor nitpick. But overall I would have to rate this as one of my favorite episodes.
:cool:

I loved this one too. That 'ah... the war with Canada', and Michael's look back at Teal'c, oh man, LOL.

One of my favorite parts, too, is at the very beginning when they hear the countdown for the minuteman missle, and Jack, Sam, and Daniel are all frantically running around, yelling, pounding on doors, and ducking, and Teal'c oh-so-calmly just walks over, looks up, and quietly zats the missle. That was wonderful!

Other great lines:

O'Neill: (after being asked what the zat gun is) That's hard to say
Thornbird: Some sort of state secret?
O'Neill: No, just hard to pronounce.

Daniel: Well, I pick 23 different languages. Pick one.

Originally posted by shiloh

One of my favorite parts, too, is at the very beginning when they hear the countdown for the minuteman missle, and Jack, Sam, and Daniel are all frantically running around, yelling, pounding on doors, and ducking, and Teal'c oh-so-calmly just walks over, looks up, and quietly zats the missle. That was wonderful!

I agree that part was great! Just shows the difference between Teal'c and the rest of the gang.

Mellian.....I see you like Lord of the Rings...great isn't it. Would have to be one of the best books ever written....can't wait for the movie to be released.....hopefully it lives up to the book.
Anyway.....back to the thread of 1969.
:rolly2:
I thought it was quite a good episode....even my partner who dosn't always enjoy watching STARGATE with me thought it was funny....we both burst out laughing when we saw Teal'c with that mop of a wig on his head.:p
I would love to know what ever happened to the two Hippies that helped them......maybe a possibe stroyline for the future????
seand.:evil:

Hey COOOOOOL, That last post just gave me my second ALIEN:rolly2:
seand.:evil:

this episode was good -- funny and light - but w/ a serious side too -- helps hold the story together --

i love that part where Jack is being interviewed and the line about the Zat -- "No, just difficult to pronounce."

then Hammond, later, calling it a 'ray gun' - everything that wasn't standard weaponry was a 'ray gun' -- very funny!

then, they get back and Hammond tells Jack that 'with interest, you owe me $539.50'! hehe

I haven't seen this episode ina long time, but I can't wait to see it in reruns. since SCIFI is running season 1 in the Fall, maybe they'll run season 2 after that. I hope so!

Future Stargate

It'll be interesting to find out about the future timeline witnessed in this episode. How did Cassie get that device? Is it Asgard? Why is the SGC deserted? Why is Cassie walking around the SGC in a nightie?