padders

-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Sean3w

A little boring. But then it did show more of the much Sam cares about Jack. O that jealousy and sadness when he might not have come back. I give it a 8 out of 10.
----------
Come visit http://www.sg2070.com

Does anyone think that they will ever return there? I hope they don't cause it might be an emotional ep.... :)

This has somehow become one of my favorite episodes....I'm not a Sam/Jack shipper, but I liked Jack and Laira, they made a more believable couple to me. Not that I'm looking for him to settle down or anything, but I don't want to see him lonely! :D

I also liked seeing more of Jack's more personal side for a change. Maybe I'm just an old softie sometimes.

Teal'c once again risked life and limb for a team member, bless his heart. The scene where Jack was looking down the hole at Teal'c was pretty cool, poor Jack was beside himself.

I would like to see him go back. I know this episode wasn't action packed, as we all love, but it was nice for a change, IMHO. Who am i kidding, I love it anyway they give it to me!

not my absolute favorite of season 3...but by far not the worst...and i think i got a couple of fic outta it so it's not all bad...what i really want to see is them using the particle accelerator again...i mean sam worked her fingers to the quick building it for cryin out loud, it should really show back up

Sam's work

That seems to happen quite a bit, doesn't it? Sam works her butt off to build something, figure out how to work someone else's gadget, etc....and we never see or hear of it again....good point that I hadn't really thought of before.

I actually really liked this episode. I think its great when we get to see a more personal side of the team members, and to see Jack get some..was great!! LOL
Teal'c is cool - put his life in danger for a member of the team.

Sam's revelations were kinda forced by Janet....but then I'm a shipper, so I was happy with that.

Carkedit :dead:

I would have liked it better if they'd spent more time showing Jack dealing with thinking he was going to be trapped there for the rest of his life.....and if Laira's character and been more interesting. Not my favorite, but not bad.

bigger shipper that i am absolutely hated this ep becuase of the whole laira and jack thing but then i loved it coz it was different:alienooh:

I too wish they had delved more into Jacks feelings about being stranded on a planet...I think it could have made a good 2 epi story...

Carkedit :dead:
*who wishes Sam had been trapped on the planet with Jack*

Yeah I liked this one...it was not one of my all time faves but it did make Sam face up to her feelings about Jack...and it was good to see Jack out of the SGC.
Like you guys I would have liked to see a little more of Jack and his feelings about staying there.

Also liked the whole Teal'c thing...bless him:D

there is a chance laira and co will show back up in season 6. according to what i heard at gatecon RDA is in favor of going back to edora, and in his opinion his and laira's liaison produced a child...but they wanted the kid to be old enough to interact with, therefore they had to wait a year or two so it would be a toddler rather than a drooling baby.

this of course all speculation, what they want to do and what they will do are sometimes two different things

I would really like to see them going back to Eudora, whether there was a baby or not; but I think it would be interesting for Jack to have to face having a kid....

Good Scenes

This episode certainly had some. I really felt for Jack when he was standing in the crater after the Stargate had been buried. He may be a tough guy, but he really did look upset in that scene. Also, it was really pleasing when O'Neill sees Teal'c underground.

"Teal'c, you are one stubborn son of a bitch!"

Originally posted by skydiver
his and laira's liaison produced a child

I thought she was pregnant because she was holding her stomach when Jack left. She is pregnant right? Or am I just getting confused again?

Originally posted by FeedMeTV

I thought she was pregnant because she was holding her stomach when Jack left. She is pregnant right? Or am I just getting confused again?

That is what I got out of it. I thought it was a nice touch. He started a new life and just left...there will be repercussions. I think if they do a Season 8 they should go back to this planet (maybe the Goa'uld are attacking?) and have Jack deal with not only snake-heads, but a miffed-off Laira and a 5-year-old son :)

(Can't wait to get the Season 3 DVDs so I can see this ep again..US mail is being SO SLOW)

that would be a good ep! Particulary as Jack lost Charlie and would probably have to leave his other child, awww poor Jack!

Back