-----------------------------
Creating topic, remember you
can only discuss this episode
inside this topic. Reviews of
the episode are encouraged
-----------------------------

Just bringing this one to the front so people will see it

Heh,

I didn't know that the Goa'ulds could jump so far....
I love the quote "Alright anyone with a Goa'uld in their head raise their hand"

THE FIRST ONES

Hi All
I liked this episode, not one of my fave's, but very watchable. I have a sneaky suspicion that Daniel got Jack's script in this, he got some seriously amusing one liners and I always figured that RDA prowled the scripts to make sure HE got all the best lines. (ooh, maybe that's a tad unfair....hmmmmm). Did it remind anyone of Enemy Mine with Louis Gossett Jnr and errrr...thingy....Dennis Quaid? (except that the first one didn't have a baby.....but then you never know......maybe Him and Daniel shared more than a meal in that cave.......you know, he was invited back.....perhaps for the christening.....)

ok, maybe not

Chevron disengaged
Mishkaz

i thought it was a goody, yes not one of the best ever made, but enjoyable nonetheless.
wish they hadn't killed off rothy though. isn't that just like tv, finally give the guy a real part just to ax him?
oh well.
did anyon else have a problem with them just leaving the dead guys behind?
now of course i'm assuming when the guys said they'd get a proper burial they were going to bury them on the planet. isn't that sorta risky? like they already have two or three missing members of sg-11 runnng around, presumably goa'ulded and they're gonna leave rothy and watkins' bodies there...just in time for halloween, night of the living dead!
they don't know about the recuperative powers of these goa'uld.
maybe i'm being paranoid???
ok, any of you with a snake in your head...raise your hand!!! :D

I agree skydiver, am waiting to see the episode, "Night of the Living Rothman!" They should do as Master Bra'tac does... burn the bodies!

i really liked this epi,and not just because
there was alot of daniel in it. he is just so
adorable when he is helpless. one of my fav bits
was when teal'c blasted that snake, without even
turning round, way cool...peachy

Yes. I also like that Sam agreed with him about everyone getting tied up. What a scary situation. Goa'ulds and Unas all around and sitting there tied and essentially unable to defend ones self. She and Jack really trusted T-Man to come through!

tied up

when they were tied up, and teal'c
was talking to jack, and jack says
"what if it isn't me " teal'c says
then i am not speaking to you.
i thought that was funny as well.
did i mention how cute daniel looked
even with his little face all dirty
..peachy

MS and dirt...

I know. Michael is a tremendous actor. How one minute he can tug at your 'Little Mother of All Living' heartstrings [okay ... 'Little Father' for some of you] and still leave you wanting to drag him off into the forest somewhere private is always a wonder to me. So childlike and yet so seriously masculine.

I so love Stargate: The physical [character] 'scenery' is so varied and so nice to rest one's eyes upon.

<sigh>

Re: THE FIRST ONES

Originally posted by Mishkaz
Did it remind anyone of Enemy Mine with Louis Gossett Jnr and errrr...thingy....Dennis Quaid? (except that the first one didn't have a baby.....but then you never know......maybe Him and Daniel shared more than a meal in that cave.......you know, he was invited back.....perhaps for the christening.....)
ok, maybe not

Yeah, it remind me Enemy Mine very much too.

Louis Gossett, Jr, Tribute!

From what I have read it was a very deliberate tribute to "Enemy Mine", which got boring after Louis Gossett's Drac character died.

Re: Louis Gossett, Jr, Tribute!

Originally posted by jsc
From what I have read it was a very deliberate tribute to "Enemy Mine", which got boring after Louis Gossett's Drac character died.

Jsc, D'you mean that the writers of the show had EM in mind when they wrote this ep? Have they admitted it? (see, you've gone and got me all curious now)

YES! Have read interview with Josehp Mallozzi or Mullie or Peter DeLuise (writers and creative Cosultant) where they talked about this! The Day the Earth Stood Still (which we saw in Point of No Return) and Ememy Mine were mentioned. I though it was so cool at the time! Marty's house in PONR wasfull of interesting tribute thingies. And in "1969" They did the whole Trek and Star Wars thing!

wow, I've noticed other shows ripping off films, tv etc, I just never knew anyone admitted to it. I'm gonna be rethinking all the ep's now to see what else they've "borrowed".

MishKaz,

The line is fine between ripoff and borrowing or copying. If you see a style of clothing you like and copy the look it is called a 'fad'. The same with hair styles, words etc. If someone takes your idea or words or pictures or movies that is a ripoff. Where tribute stops is when, I presume, it is unaknowledged. As an anthropologist, we readily aknowledge we "borrow" from every science. That is the fun as culture can be assumed at its lowest end to be things we borrow from each other.

I hear ya, I think progress is taking someone elses idea and pushing it forward or expanding on it, where as ripping-off could be said to be taking a idea in it's original state and regurgitating (sp?) it for it's repeat value.

Wow man, that's soooooo deep heh heh

Of course culture does not say that we change what we borrow only that we pass it on!

Love the conversation Mishkaz, thanks! You have 23 posts until you are twined!