New Film

archiver

padders

Any news if they are going to do another stargate film anyone?
----------
Chris Padfield, administrator for TalkStargate.com

Hammer

Stargate SG-1's TPTB were actually asked the question whether they would make an SG-1 movie...their response? It's a possibility. At the moment, they're just focusing on the series, but if the opportunity presented itself, they would most likely take it. The actors have also been asked whether they would *like* to do a movie...they said they wouldn't be against it.
Basically...there's nothing official on the drawing board, but there's no blantant opposition to it either.

----------
Hammer - DANIELite, JACKette, TEAL'Conian, KAWler, FERling and GM of the Stargate Command RPG
"Didn't I order you to get a life?" -- Jack O'Neill, The Other Side ¦ "Greetings from Earth, Doctor Jackson" Louis Ferretti, Children Of The Gods

Sean3w

Oh ya if that comes out in theatres I'll be the only one of my friends to go out and see it. And then when the previews come out, I'll have all my friends saying " Guess what Sean, they're coming out with a Stargate movie." as if I didn't already know. hehe

padders

hehe more and more people seeem to be watched sg-1 on tele. Sometimes when i watch it they just wonder what it is and not that interested and then when i say it was based on stargate the film they go.. ar.... and sit down :)
----------
http://www.talkstargate.com/ - Talk Stargate till your heart's content!

Sean3w

Haha most of my friends don't even know what Stargate the movie is

Martouf

Ditto Sean (i would be going to the thearte on my own, most of friends tell me that 'stargate sux' because im do addicted)
This is an old thread but i think a second stargate would be 'tops' Maybe to finish off series 5? if it's the last ep ever?

padders

I doubt they will do a film from the middle of the series. It would be very hard to do but I suppose the X-Files managed it pretty well but then that is more main stream.
I think if they do a film (which unfortunatly I doubt) it will be a continuation of the first film.

----------
http://www.talkstargate.com/ - Talk Stargate till your heart's content!

Another movie on the books padders? or a whole new movie altogther?

To be honest i doubt either but if they did make a movie i think it would be separate from the books and go of even in another direction but who am i to know

You know there have been hints of a movie using the SG-1 characters. Bringing it to the big screen with what's available today in special effects and a bigger budget, I can just barely imagine what they could accomplish.

Cheers,

An Sg-1 film now that would be cool. Wonder how they would do it to make it tie in with the series yet also be self standing? Guess it would have to feature a big battle with the goa'ulds somewhere along the line. Hehe, it would be cool.

Lets just hope then

Did any one watch the DVD special edition with Devlin and Emmerlichs voiceovers on. In the voice over they mentioned having ideas at the time for a sequel (before the studio did the series) The mentioned Kwalsky or Freddie (I dont remember) and mentioned it was a shame they killed off his character in the series as they had plans for that character in the sequel. I remember that they misidentified the fact that it was Freddy that was killed when in fact it was Kawalsky. I didnt feel that they were greatly bitter about the series merely disappointed that they were not able to develop the ideas built in the first movie more in a sequel.

I have been told that there is no love lost between D&E and the SG-1 crew. I don't have the exact references, but I've been informed that there have been some harsh words pass between them all at some time or another. I'll try to hunt up the references.

Cheers,

There is a picture or RA meeting Kurt Russel on the SG-1 set in the Stargate TV Zone mag (mything, you got yours?). but ....

Yeah i heard about the meeting but i think it was a "Hey you helped my career glad to meet you" (RA to KR)

A second thought ... RDA has mentioned in interviews that Kurt and Goldie are kind of like role-models for him and Apryl. Maybe there were discussing their different relationships and how they keep them going.

Cheers,