Alien Races

archiver

padders

So who is the best alien race so far? My vote goes to the Askard 100%. I do not really like the Tokra, I would be vary wary of them if I was SG-1. I think some of the other advanced races like the Nox are also pretty cool and hope we will see more of them, we will find out soon I guess!

Hammer

Hmmmm...favourite alien race? Not the Tok'ra (except for Jacob/Selmak...he's just so cool!). Not the Tollan (too stuffed-shirt "oh we're so superior" for me...don't like Narim either). The Asgard are alright, I guess. Especially in Small Victories (Episode 1, Season 4)...but there's just something about them in that episode that bugs me (although I must admit that Thor rules..."It was your stupid idea, Major Carter"). Then there's the Goa'uld - they're so bad, you've gotta love em! Well...hate em, but I'd have to say they're my favourite alien race. After all, with Hathor, Sokhar and Heru'ur, how could you not love the bad guys? Oh wait...then there's Aris Boch (from Deadman Switch - Season 3). Definitely his species. He is just a legend ^_^

Sean3w

Oh ya. Love the Asgard. Love their city too. I wanna move.

MythingLink

I'm a hippie from way back. I love the Nox. Instead of being insulting, like the Tollan, they seem to treat civilizations not as advanced as they are as 'children' who are still learning.
Cheers,

padders

Yeah, tollan=rude.
I hope we get the nox back in season 4 (if we have not so far.. come on Sky 1 !!!)

MythingLink

Well there is ... Nah, I don't want to tell ya.
Cheers,

padders

hehe :)
if you think that you can catch up with posts (sean!) then wait until i get season 4 here!

MythingLink

That will certainly begin to liven things up. I guess I'd better go add some more stuff to Season 4 now so you can have lots to comment on.
Cheers,

padders

sounds good. I am not sure how it will work though as there will be many posts in that forum that refer to eps i will not have seen yet. I think the idea will be to post in the sky one forum for those just with sky one, then you guys can check that and reply with the knowlesge of the eps we have seen

Faron

Hey Chris,
<ramble mode on>
Do as I do and watch the episodes on your computer (unless you're running Linux). We won't get season one here until Spring 2001 at the earliest. <sigh> I can't believe I've been lobbying for this show for almost two years, and now that I finally got a computer and get to read about the episodes and even watch some of them, TV3 here finally picks it up. <doing happydance> It could have something to do with my 50 emails a week to that station I guess. :)I just love the show, and I can't keep myself from reading spoilers. I'll watch it anywhere, anyhow, and anytime. I'm actually beginning to think those asf files are of great quality.
<ramble mode off>
Love this board. :)

Sean3w

Oh I found those too. Only good I see in them is if I miss an episode, which I tend to do that a lot in my life.

Sean3w

And about that posting Padders, Like I said me=no life bored=type all day on the computer. hehe I went on vacation and now I have to catch up again.

Sean3w

I hope we see the Nox again too. I mean, even though they look like they havn't washed their hair in years, they're still cool.

padders

Yeah i found the asf files as well but can't bring myself to watch them. I am going to wait.. i know it sucks but it starts in about 4 weeks. Also it is something to look forward to :)

Sean3w

Eh I suppose so. Nothing like seeing them in real quality and not compressed.

SGPflughaupt

I gotta put my vote in for the Asgard. There is something about their strange liking of O'Neil that makes me laugh. You got to admit that naming their most advanced starship the "O'Neil" had to bring at least a grin to your face.

padders

I think it is nice that they like him as opposed to perhas Sam or Daniel who would seem the more likely choice for a race that look pretty keen on peace. I think they most know that Earth is going to need military strenghth to survive.

Back