What do you use as a bookmark?

Usually either the one bookmark I have if I can find it, or any scrap of paper that happens to be around. Lately, though, if there's a map of the world online, I print it out and use that as a bookmark so I don't have to flip to the ends too much.

I use a euro i found in my couch the other day. i dont have a clue how it got there. but it was probably my brother who will remaine un named becaus i dislike him with a passion. but thats what brotherly love is all about.
am i right?

I use a black thick thing that stuck on my new jacket that ive bought.

kyektulu said:
Lol, sounds inventive Reader,

here is another inventive one:

I sometimes use cotton tickets from new cloathes that I have tore off as they itch me... :D

Thats what im trying to explain..thats exactly what i use to lately!

Sacrilege::

I'm a 'fold over' the page reader.
At times I've been known to tear a little corner off :D

:: the only thing worse is hanging it over the sofa arm while you go get your beverage of choice.
(well maybe sticking the beverage on the page and leaving a circular stain[:cry:]
I recently found myself using the business card of a police officer who handled one of the neighbors break-in reports.

I often use slips of paper, around 5x8 or so, as bookmarks, writing notes on them also. I've pretty often used subscription reply inserts removed from magazines as bookmarks. Any old scrap of paper will do. Sometimes I leave a pen or pencil between the pages if I'm writing marginal comments in the book. I believe that, in many cases, such marginalia add value to a book (for myself) rather than reducing its value. But I seem to use the slips of paper more often than writing in the book, lately.

Any bookmark collectors here other than myself?

Bookmarks (free) Collections?

Most popular choices are bookmarks (I like the stores like Wordery who include them with deliveries), concert tickets (there are a few old ones hanging around by my bed - sometimes it's interesting to find a book with one in, and realise it was actually years ago that book became unfinished) and other scraps of paper.

I still have some really old bookmarks from when I was a kid - Pontin's Crocodile Club, Llanfairpwllgwll...etc (that place in Wales with the really long name) and more.

I like bookmarks, but most of the good ones aren't free. I guess I've always been a bit of a spendthrift, and these are a luxury I just can't seem to bring myself to pay for.

I like bookmarks, but most of the good ones aren't free. I guess I've always been a bit of a spendthrift, and these are a luxury I just can't seem to bring myself to pay for.
I don't think I've ever paid for a bookmark. The ones I got as a kid would have been bought for me, and more recently they've been free with books - only cardboard, but they have some nice designs on them.