Bookshops Events

Hmmm, fair point. It's a shame really, but I guess unless you are a huge author, like Pratchett, it's hard to draw a crowd in these genres :(

I was browsing in Waterstones today - they've recently reorganised the store - and heard someone saying how it was appropriate that they'd moved SF/F to where the kids books used to be. There's still so much snobbery out there:mad:

Just like the muscles in our bodies that atrophy from lack of use, there's muscles between our ears. Often those who are snobbish about SFF either never exercised or have long ceased to exercise that muscle called imagination. They're the slobs in 4x4s sneering at the jogger or the cyclist, and they wheeze and gripe at anything that might extend them a little. Maybe we should pity them rather than resent them.

Okay, I'll be doing a signing at Forbidden Planet in Shaftesbury Avenue on 5th April from 1 till 2. There'll be copies of the hardcover Line War and doubtless numerous others of my books, including paperback copies of Hilldiggers. Bring you old copies of my books and I'll sign them too ... bring copies of other people's books and I'll sign them, bring your electricity bill ... I'm not proud.

5th of April... *ponders*

AHAHA, uni semester doesn't start up again till the 7th!! I'm there.

Going to a Joe Abercrombie signing at Forbidden Planet in the easter holidays too, though I haven't started his books yet:eek: But this is much MUCH better news :D

Assuming not from your post, but do you have limits of how many books you'll sign at a time? I went to a GRRM signing and he would only sign three for each person. Uppity git ;) Though obviously if there's a queue then that's fair, providing you can go back for more.

OH SOD IT :mad::mad:

Dont you just hate it when live throws a complete swerveball at you. I won't be at the signing unfortunately:( Hope it goes well though, get that bag of peas ready!

Righto, back at a fast constant Internet connection and time to start catching up. First off, I'll be doing a couple of signings this month in Colchester and London. Here's the shop addresses:

Waterstone’s, Culver Square, Colchester.
Saturday 22nd November, 1-2pm

Forbidden Planet, 179 Shaftesbury Avenue, London
Thursday 27th November, 6-7pm

Hey Neal, when are you coming to South Africa? :) We had Terry Pratchett here a few years ago. Would be awesome to see you in person and get a few books signed. I always see your books in the stores and then new ones replacing the sold one at least once a week or so.

New site looks really good! Just got myself line war today, really liked the end of polity agent...
What am I going to do until August once I've read it though?!?!?!
Might have to look into short stories.
Keep up the good work

Neal Asher signing Infinity Engine @ ForbiddenPlanet.com - UK and Worldwide Cult Entertainment Megastore

Infinity.jpeg.size-230.jpg

Join NEAL ASHER signing INFINITY ENGINE at Forbidden Planet London on Thursday 23rd March from 6 – 7pm.

A man battles for his life, two AIs vie for supremacy and a civilisation hangs in the balance …

Several forces now pursue rogue artificial intelligence Penny Royal, hungry for revenge or redemption. And the Brockle is the most dangerous of all. This criminal swarm-robot AI has escaped its confinement and is upgrading itself, becoming ever more powerful in anticipation of a deadly showdown. Events also escalate aboard the damaged war factory station where Penny Royal was constructed. Here Thorvald Spear, alien prador, and an assassin drone struggle to stay alive, battling insane AIs and technology gone wild. Then the Weaver arrives - last of the Atheter, resurrected from a race that suicided two million years ago. But what could it contribute to Penny Royal’s tortuous plans?

And beyond the war factory a black hole conceals a tantalising secret which could destroy the Polity. As AIs, humans and prador clash at its boundary, will anything survive their explosive final confrontation?

Neal was born in Billericay and started writing SF and Fantasy at 16. After a range of jobs that landed him in the machine industry, he began the Hadrim trilogy, and wrote his first version of Fool’s Mate. Neal has had great acclaim and success for his books; Gridlinked, The Skinner, The Line of Polity, Cowl, Brass Man, The Voyage Of The Sable Keech and Hilldiggers.

Neal Asher signing Infinity Engine @ ForbiddenPlanet.com - UK and Worldwide Cult Entertainment Megastore

Infinity.jpeg.size-230.jpg

Join NEAL ASHER signing INFINITY ENGINE at Forbidden Planet London on Thursday 23rd March from 6 – 7pm.

A man battles for his life, two AIs vie for supremacy and a civilisation hangs in the balance …

Several forces now pursue rogue artificial intelligence Penny Royal, hungry for revenge or redemption. And the Brockle is the most dangerous of all. This criminal swarm-robot AI has escaped its confinement and is upgrading itself, becoming ever more powerful in anticipation of a deadly showdown. Events also escalate aboard the damaged war factory station where Penny Royal was constructed. Here Thorvald Spear, alien prador, and an assassin drone struggle to stay alive, battling insane AIs and technology gone wild. Then the Weaver arrives - last of the Atheter, resurrected from a race that suicided two million years ago. But what could it contribute to Penny Royal’s tortuous plans?

And beyond the war factory a black hole conceals a tantalising secret which could destroy the Polity. As AIs, humans and prador clash at its boundary, will anything survive their explosive final confrontation?

Neal was born in Billericay and started writing SF and Fantasy at 16. After a range of jobs that landed him in the machine industry, he began the Hadrim trilogy, and wrote his first version of Fool’s Mate. Neal has had great acclaim and success for his books; Gridlinked, The Skinner, The Line of Polity, Cowl, Brass Man, The Voyage Of The Sable Keech and Hilldiggers.

Tell you what - if I'd had a couple days notice of this I would have made the 350 or so miles journey just for this. Got me all the Polity books apart from the new one. (Sighs at missed chance)

I work not too far away, so I'll try and get down and pick one of these up. Can't wait to read it.