If you were Vila, would you forgive Avon?

If you were Vila, would you forgive Avon?

• 1) Yes, if he apologized to my face and admit he was wrong

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • 2) No, I would never forgive him and leave the gang

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whitestar

In the excellent episode entitled, "Orbit", we finally got a chance to see how far Avon was willing to go to preserve his own life at all cost by attempting to sacrifice Vila, and nearly succeeded in the process. If I were Vila, I would forgive Avon on the condition that he would come to my face and apologized for his temporary insanity, but if he didn't I would never forgive him and leave the gang. If you were Vila, would you forgive Avon?

Whitestar

I don't know that there is anything to "forgive," since, as I remember it (but I could be wrong) Avon never actually threatened Vila in that episode. Vila wisely figured out for himself what Avon would be thinking, and then hid before any attempt to jettison him into space actually occurred.

But as for trusting Avon ... by that point he was dangerously insane, and trusting him would have been foolhardy to say the least.

(I don't know if anyone ever noticed, but before Avon got into black leather it seems like he almost never smiled. Afterward ... as a friend of mine put it, he'd "flashy those pearly whites, and you'd know there was going to be blood on the walls." A personality change like that never bodes well.)

To Avon, a 'friend' is somebody who he finds beneficial to have around but is expendable if the right set of circumstances arise. It's part of his make up.

So, in that sense, yes, I would forgive him, but, as Brown Rat says, never trust him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back