Star Trek Enterprise

I think most afficionado's of the Star Trek universe tend to frown at Enterprise due to the rehashing of old plotlines and the rewriting of established Trek history and canon.
The earlier stuff had some promise, but then they just fell back into familiar patterns.

I think that the whole Star Trek setting took a huge kicking from Babylon 5 and then Star Gate, both of which (but especially B5) had dynamic new universes with mystery, interesting characters and often unexpected plotlines.

Star Trek in general could benefit from employing writers who aren't steeped in the Star Trek ethos.
By all means have expert advisors who can sit there int heir anoraks and make sur ethe scripts don't contravene established ST history (they really should have done that with Enterprise) but for gods sake, let some new blood at the writing!

I've read some of the fanzies (official and unofficial) I'm telling you, there is a pool of very talented star trek fans out there who could take the baton of trek and revitalise it!

Well. Star Trek: Enterprise is ending here soon and Rumor Control has it that some of the cast are, well, sickened, by the series' final episode.

Titled "These Are The Voyages . . . ." the last episode is rumored to reveal that the last four years have been nothing more than holo-novel, viewed by Riker and Troi while they're on the Enterprise-D.

Has anyone heard the same thing?

That would be both fitting and ironic. It would nicely clear the damage tot he established timeline of the Trekverse and clear the way for whatever they are up to next.

i've not heard that one, t hough i have heard several others, from people who've supposedly downloaded the final eppisode.
Please let me know, as i can't be bothered to watch the series and find out for myself:D

LensmanZ313 said:
Titled "These Are The Voyages . . . ." the last episode is rumored to reveal that the last four years have been nothing more than holo-novel, viewed by Riker and Troi while they're on the Enterprise-D.

If so, it would be one final kick in the teeth to the people who actually stayed loyal to Enterprise.

Hopefully not true.

I really hope they don't do that. It's like the producers are trying to say "Just kidding!" because the show didn't do so well.

i would like for the last episode to be somthing along those lines. i have never been a big fan of the series and something like that could be used to explain away alot of the mucking up done by the producers/writers. even better would be if it was just a bunch of kids playing in the holodeck the whole time:D

best ending of any of the star trek shows, and the mirror universe episodes were great.
The final season was good. the problem with the other seasons is if you tried to come in on the middle of them you were clueless to what was going on.

I've been watching a couple of the reruns on Sci-Fi. Now I remember why I lost interest in season 1. The plotting was so tame, unexciting, and just downright lame.

I did watch some of the third season after seeing that it had sparked up. I suspect that if they'd started with where they ended up they could have clung on. However, core audience (in which I include myself) had already left owing to the weakness of season 1 and 2.

that is very trun wan you arun at thiung the story are the same hehhe but that can do differ wan not then it come make difer story or same thin hhheheheehehehehheheh