Book Suggestions

Fantasy newbie said:
I'ver read Swan Wars, Fire and Ice, Sword of Truth, any suggestions?
First, welcome to the Forums. Glad to see you already jumping in. Have fun, don't go into the basement without a guide, map, and at least some small arms. Don't wear leather around Wally -- he likes to eat it. Belgian chocolates for Colinaliban our Jabberwock, Earl Grey tea for our newly named Incunabularishtar the Bandersnatch (cream, no sugar), and watch out for the goblins and their feathers -- you never know when you'll end up with a new coat.

Now, on to your questions: I've one of my own: are you only interested in more modern fantasy, or in some of the older writers as well? Modern is my weakest point, but lots of people here can help with that. For classics, there are several lists, and lots of people to help with that. So .. pick your poison, sample whatever you choose, and enjoy. I'll give you more specific feedback once I have a better idea what it is you're looking for. Meantime -- have fun!

have lots of fun, but dont turn into any dark and dingy doors, it can get dangerous, especialy when hyour neer JD and me

I'd suggest either of two series (or both :) ); Rhapsody by Elizabeth Hayden and Assassin's Apprentice by Robin Hobb, both are the first book in their respective series.

Welcome to chronicles!

i sugest books, they are the best

especialy science fiction or fantast

sory about the sarcasm but i am bored

If you don't mind fantasy that's not High Fantasy, I strongly recommend China Mievielle or Charles de Lint. Both fine, fine, fine writers.

Welcome to Chronicles. Forget about testing the waters. Just dive right in. :)

Am going to suggest individual books since am not sure exactly what you'd like and these are a few I personally like.

Faery Tale by Raymond E. Feist; The Redemption of Althalus by David & Leigh Eddings; Any one of the Discworld books by Terry Pretachett; Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman and Stardust by Neil Gaiman.

Magician by Feist. If you like it you'll be set for your next 5 or 6 books anyway.

srry but i forgot something although his work seems like a Tolkien knockoff i enjoyed terry brooks's shannara series.

Unsurprisingly, I'm going to suggest Steven Erikson's Malazan Book of the Fallen and R Scott Bakker's Prince of Nothing series.

For some slightly earlier writers I'd suggest Jack Vance and Roger Zelazny.

I managed to keep that pretty limited! Just 4 authors, and I could easily have mentioned 40.

(Wow - I got here before Gollum).

Margaret Weis & Tracy Hickman - Dragonlance Legends

Terry Brooks - The Shannara series

Or one of Mercedes Lackey's many series....

i would say that it would be best just to love JD not me, i am not one to be loved, im crazy, read the posts in the Tea Rooms, there freaky