Other Recommendations - for the unenlightened

Historical fiction by prominent sf/f authors

The Dragon of the Ishtar Gate - L Sprague de Camp. He wrote this and 4? (maybe 3) other historical fiction novels set in classic asia minor/north africa/greek world. he physically traveled almost everywhere in these books except israel (specifically couldn't due to needing to enter various arab states during trip).

A Soldier in the Mists - Glen Wolfe - set in the 6th century bc, follows a roman merc. who has a head injury causing both retrograde and anterograde amnesia, as well as being able to see gods (and not realise that is unusual). I enjoyed it immensely. has 2 sequels though latro's story may not be finished, period.

Poul Anderson - wrote novels based explicitly on the norse sagas/heimskringla/prose edda/other sources, including Harald Hardrada (the last viking trilogy), Hrolf Kraki (hrolf kraki's saga), eric bloodaxe & family) mother of kings), plus others which edge a bit more into fantasy (war of the gods, etc.). He keeps much of the character and tone, personality types and situational conflicts found in the original norse sources.

(If you enjoy this type thing, you could do worse than to get a book of icelandic sagas.)

The Secret History by Donna Tartt. One of the best books written in the past decade or so.
The God of Small Things by Arundhati Roy is poetry in prose. Gorgeous stuff.

good day.
So much was I, and doubtless as all local literatrory is a brilliant writer)). And as usual with geniuses nobody needs of his genius at home. In fact there were no significant trouble, if I knew the world of language. And here wonder Google translator))) of course yo quality translation is very sumnivnnoyu, but I thought, well matched I lose? and nothing. So, I thought, and went to the first forum sho mi brought Google.
do you think, Sister is complete fools? whether it is possible to show a passage?)))))
Anyone else ever wondered what this poor soul was trying to say with Google translator?