Angels and demons

Amidala

glass hearted girl
You have to read it !
SO much better than the da vinci code I read it in 3 days You cannot fault this book!
I couldn't put it down I just wish there were more langdon novels out there!

Having read both The Da Vinci Codes and Angels and Demons, Angels and Demons was slightly better and reading in the same week as a new pope was elected made it more interesting, but to be honest I found both books lacking in style.

I've only read the Da Vinci Code by Dan Brown, but it was so awful that I really have no interest in reading another of his - I'd much prefer to spend my time reading decent authors who pursue similar subject matter (eg Umberto Eco and Thomas Pynchon).

Personally I feel it has become fasionable to slate dan brown. Personally I enjoyed the da vinci code (I read it in within 2 days). I'm yet to read angels and demons but I'm sure I'll read it sometime...

Thanks for the tip, Amidala.
I loved the DaVinci Code, and I was wondering about checking out Angels & Demons too. I'll give it a stab.:)

Angel & Demons was the better written novel.
Tighter plot, more coherent dialogue & better twists.

Still no 'work of art' though :)

Word to the wise, sadly they have Tom Hanks signed up for the 'prequel' Angel & Demons movie.

It was set before Da Vinci Code, chronologically speaking.

While I enjoyed the DaVinci Code, I really didn't like Angels and Demons. I'm not one for books with graphic descriptions of violence. I could barely get through it, and only then because I wanted to find out what happened.

I read Angels & Demons long before I read Da Vinci, so that Da Vinci was a bit of a disappointment. I never did understand why the powers that be chose to make that one into a movie. Imagine the press an Angels movie would of gotten being so near (timewise) the conclave last year.

Amidala said:
LOL *sits and wonders why she came back*
ok WHERE ARE THE PEOPLE I KNOW

It seems to me that a lot of people are very uncomfortable by the concepts in both books. Some of the concepts being challenged are not only religious but cultural. These books cause reactions that I've never seen before. Hopefully some of these people will relax and take these books for what they are. Stories. I enjoyed Da Vinci. The concept was interesting and I love a decent conspiracy. I will probably read the other one if I can remember the Title and author when Im in a bookstore. Your right, though, don't like the book, don't read it.

Definitely agree with Amidala. Read Angels & Demons when it first came out and way before The Da Vinci Code and it is a much better book. It comes across as better written and with a much more solid plot line and ideas. It flowed well and although the end was a tad over-dramatic; it all worked well together.

I've read Da Vinci Code too and I think Dan Brown had a good story idea. He just didn't put it across very well. I kept getting the feeling that the book had been sort of patched together from various sources and the ending was a fizzle rather than a bang. The movie was a heap of misery. It's almost as if they set out to take out all the relevant and interesting parts of the book. :(

I don't know. I read "DaVinci" and then read "Angels and Demons" afterward, and it seemed like the two were very similar. Despite its drawbacks, I prefer "DaVinci". I don't know if that's because I read it first, or because I'd read "Holy Blood, Holy Grail" and was therefore on familiar (very familiar) ground.

elvet said:
While I enjoyed the DaVinci Code, I really didn't like Angels and Demons. I'm not one for books with graphic descriptions of violence. I could barely get through it, and only then because I wanted to find out what happened.
Oh yes graphic violence I am there!;)
Not really I loved the camerlengo he was SUCH a strong charecter ! I hope they find the right man to play his part and do him justice,
I thought Hanks performed a pretty weak langon in all honesty he hardly does it justice

littlemissattitude said:
I don't know. I read "DaVinci" and then read "Angels and Demons" afterward, and it seemed like the two were very similar. Despite its drawbacks, I prefer "DaVinci".

I'm with you on this one. I also read Da Vinci first and abolutely loved it. Read A & D after and enjoyed it very much, but it felt like a practice run of Da Vinci.

Since i loved the book, i'll rent the movie when it comes out. I don't see Hanks in this role, but i love Tautou.

Did anyone read "Digital fortress" yet ? It's even better than "Angels and demons".:D

When I had read the Da Vinci code, I thought it was an easy lecture, even if the religious perspective was a bit shocking for my christian education. I read "Messianic legacy" of M. Baigent, R. Leigh & H.Lincoln recently and I realized Brown's book was only a cheap novel for those who don't need to look deeper into the history or religion.

I have to agree with some of you. "Angels and demons" is better than "Da Vinci code". I don't know why, but it's not so difficult to imagine that all kind of secrets are kept hidden inside of Vatican. And the fight for power is much more credible than a line from Jesus and Mary Madelaine.