It's official! Pern movie deal with Copperheart Ent. announced!

don't get me wrong-i LOVE star wars!

i've just struck an idea! why don't an anne fan be a part of the Pern production? then, we'd all feel better about it. We all know how picky Pern people are about their dragons! (just an inspired idea-no need to comment)

;)

Worried!!!!

I have read all the pern books over and over agian. I love them and would love to see them on screen. However I'm worried that the books will lose iformation in the transition like most books to movies. I dont know what to think. I am torn between wanting to see what i have been reading for years and my fear that it will not live up to its potental. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I completely agree, Dragonobsessed. I've been reading and re-reading the books for quite a while now, and I'd love to see the dragons on the big screen, but I'm a little concerned about how the director would handle it.

Welcome to the Chronicles!:)

I'd love to see a movie made - but I'm also a bit apprehensive. Will the producers do a good job?
It's been a few years since I read most of the Pern series (in French - how I miss that free library...) Now I'm back home with a library that has started to take a monthly fee if you want to read their books (back in my youth you had to pay a really small amount only if you didn't get the book back in time...). And I'm not even sure that they *have* the Pern series...
I'd really love to read the series again, but that would mean I had to buy the books *sighs* But I'm pooooor! (;-))

Poor Sirathiel, you come live here. If you get books back in time, all is free!:p

So does anyone has an update on the progress of the movie plans?

suprised to see this thread. I thought pern had died in a visual media when Atlantis dropped it from TV show idea ten years ago. (rumor had it that the series wirter told them what to do with themselves when they wanted him to turn it into a buffy/angel/wb series. lots of angst love triangles, that sort of thing) if rumors were to be believed can't thank whatever stars were shining right. still a bit offended by the PC game that was released sometime around 2000. so much promise so horribly trashed. anyways, hoping the production company keeps anne's stories st least close. can stand some minor changes, but will not be happy for another starship troopers.

Wow! Hopfully they'll do better then the coppy of of the whole telpathic dragon rider thing in Eragon. That movie had some really big hurricain struck it, because it was a disaster. Well any way, I'm still a little keen on the still very young company. It's awsome that they've made the deal, but also a scary thing that they be producing it. They produced the poorly made Black Christmas remake, and I don't want a tornado to hit this one

Hello everybody. I'm new and this is the first time I have visited this website. Its such a long time since I read the books and I can't tell you how excited I am at finding out they are making a Pern movie. I love dragon films and I like the idea of telephathic links between a dragon and its rider. If 2008 is the date they intend to release the first film I can't wait.

Its certainly exciting that a Pern movie will be soon coming, but I agree will it be translated from book to screen well. I hope so, and I hope they dont cast well know actors simply because they are well know, I hope a lot of thought is put into casting.

Hm.....16 months since the announcement and still nothing more.
Looks like they just bought the rights for the hell of it and don't intend to produce anything.

There is work being done, just not visibly. Anne talked about being happy with the screenplay development so far at EuroCon last month.

lets hope she hasn't joined with George lucas in losing marbles then. if she's happy it might turn out ok, if she's lost facilities then it could become another dragon slayer, or worse.

So... any news? It's been quite a while and all I've seen is a tantalizing screenshot that I can't post here because the rules don't permit me to. :( do a google search for Pern, you should see it on the first page from fahrenheitdigital. Looks alright, except does that bronze dragon have pupils? Ah well... at least there aren't any excess horns and crazy things.[FONT=arial,sans-serif][SIZE=-1][/SIZE][/FONT]

pupils, forward looking eyes, bony legs, and what is with the white belly? reminiscent of deers. hoping that was a first draft of the dragons, and the person has been properly schooled.