What is the name of that book?

BookStop

If you see a stranger...
There is a movie coming out soon, The Lake House, and the book I'm looking for has a similar story, but I don't think is the same.

A man and a woman converse through letters that they find in a secret compartment of an old desk, only the couple are years and years apart(maybe as many as a hundred years???). I wish I could remember more, but...

I need some help....i remember reading a book but i dont know the title or author....the story goes like this (as well as i can remember)
the story starts out (i think) just after the ice age or something....a shaman or priest or witch doctor climbe a peak and is injured by a fiery blast (probably a spacecraft)..the aliens/god assumedly take him on board a repair him (but he has now become immortal) and his body can fix itself....he lives on thru the ages etc and becomes some kindof agent for the united states or somehting...there were actually two books ....book two was him saving the human race from destruction by an alien race....can anybody help me here?
bangerm

This is In the Face of My Enemy by Joseph Delaney (1985). It’s pretty much as described. A shaman is blasted by aliens and becomes immortal, then we follow his journey. It is an expansion of a short story but there is no novel length sequel.

From back cover: “Casey, Shaman of a primitive California tribe, is gifted with immortality and the miraculous power of healing and survives the millennia--from PreColumbian America to the present--to seek his destiny in a quest to the stars.”

1680101434050.png

Back