Dark Wraith of Shannara

Parsimony

Bobsnox
Nick at Shannara Forums wrote:

TerryBrooks.net wrote:

May 12th, 2006
Dark Wraith of Shannara
Here is a preliminary look at one of 2007's events: Dark Wraith of Shannara!
Del Rey Press Release - May 10th
Del Rey, a division of the Random House Publishing Group, announces its first original graphic novel project: Dark Wraith of Shannara, a brand-new adventure set in the bestselling Shannara universe by Terry Brooks. Brooks is creating the story, which will be illustrated by Edwin David and adapted by Robert Place Napton, both veterans of the comics/graphic novel field. Terry Brooks is the author of 23 New York Times bestsellers, most recently High Druid of Shannara: Straken. In addition to the long-running Shannara series, he has written the Word/Void trilogy, the five-book Magic Kingdom series, and the nonfiction title Sometimes the Magic Works: Lessons from a Writing Life. There are more than 21 million copies of his books in Del Rey print.
"This is an exciting new adventure for me, one that I have thought about undertaking for a long time," says Terry Brooks. "Some stories set in the Shannara world are ones that I could never find the time to write in book form, so I have been looking for an alternate venue in which to present them. Graphic novels seem the right choice, and I am delighted to be working with Robert and Edwin."
Dark Wraith of Shannara is set a few years after the events of The Wishsong of Shannara. Its main characters will be siblings Jair and Brin Ohmsford, the young girl Kimber Boh, Cogline the Druid--who can speak with the spirits of the dead--and the evil and dangerous Croton Witch. In the story, Jair Ohmsford discovers that he can draw on a form of magic that allows him to transform into other living creatures, both human and other. The magic is both powerful and seductive, for Jair can feel himself wanting to remain in each new form that he tries. The dangers he faces in Dark Wraith of Shannara, however, will demand that the power be put to use.
Del Rey plans to publish additional original graphic novels. "Because of our phenomenal success with the Del Rey Manga program and our widespread contacts in the licensing arena, more and more potential projects are coming to our notice," says Del Rey Editor in Chief Betsy Mitchell. "Readers, booksellers, and librarians all tell us that they're seeking more great books in this format, and we absolutely want to give them what they're asking for."
About the Artist
Edwin David lives in Quezon City, Philippines. His first major project for the American market was Battle of the Planets: Mark for Top Cow, under the direction of artist Alex Ross; he has pencilled several more volumes in that series as well. His current project is a self-owned comic book called ShadowChasers.
About the Adaptor
Robert Place Napton is the writer of the comic book series Saint Angel and Deity, published by Image Comics. He also penned a comic book adaptation of the science fiction television series Battlestar Galactica. He is currently Editor of Manga for Bandai Entertainment, Inc

Soooo glad I found this forum just for that information alone!

Soooo glad I found this forum just for that information alone!
Oh we are good here welcome home.;) you will just fit in well.

And if you can make it to Fantasycon in Nottingham he is our guest of honour or at least one of them,and you can get your books signed he is a friendly guy.

Sept. 21st to 23rd check out the website for details.

I read this last week. It was good fun, but I have to say that I wasn't overly impressed with the artwork. I'd just finished reading a Warhammer graphic novel, and though that story was pretty predictable, the artwork was very much superior to that in Dark Wraith.

Anyone else got a view on the artwork - or the story itself?

Not a fan of graphic novels really but bought this for completion. Enjoyable fluff to tide us over till the next serious novel.

Can't wait for Princess of Landover to finally arrive.