Okay to put extracts online?

endoftime56

Re: Ask your publishing questions here

well i thought of another question, i dont know if its been asked already but here it is
i like to share what i have been writing, or some of it, on this site. to see what people think about it and to see if anyone has any good critiqueing that can help me learn a bit more about writing. but if i plan on getting published, would having parts of it on the net already hinder my chances with it getting accepted? i know the chances of them knowing are slim, but i am curious. i have only put maybe 2 or 3 pages out, some of it has changed since posting,
would that even matter if they did know? personaly i dont know. So i was asking because i dont want to show to much if somehow it will get me in the end. thanks for you time.

Re: Ask your publishing questions here

endoftime56 said:
well i thought of another question, i dont know if its been asked already but here it is
i like to share what i have been writing, or some of it, on this site. to see what people think about it and to see if anyone has any good critiqueing that can help me learn a bit more about writing. but if i plan on getting published, would having parts of it on the net already hinder my chances with it getting accepted? i know the chances of them knowing are slim, but i am curious. i have only put maybe 2 or 3 pages out, some of it has changed since posting,
would that even matter if they did know? personaly i dont know. So i was asking because i dont want to show to much if somehow it will get me in the end. thanks for you time.

No, that doesn't cause any problem, it's done all the time now - and hopefully you will receive some worthwhile criticism. Always remember that people are being honest, and any criticism is of the work, not of you personally!