Finding A Series of Books for a friend

lothars

I have a friend that is look for a series of books

he posted this on a forum that I frequent and I've been looking for it but I am not familar

I am looking for a series of science fiction books that I started reading when I was at school, but they didn't have the last books and I never found out how it ended. Unfortunately I don't remember the title(s) of these books, and only a few details about the story ... but if you can help me identify the books and find where I can get them, I will happily pay out 5000 Meseta.

Sooo ... here's what I remember, and I'm afraid it's not much:

The main 'bad guy' character (who I think may actually have been a woman) had a personal defence system which meant that if you tried to shoot them with an energy weapon, they would automatically be transported out of the way just before they were hit - but doing this added like 10 years onto their age.

At the end of the last book I read, the good guys break into a museum and steal an antique 20th century gun, which they shoot at the bad guy with - and due this somehow circumvents the protection system and they manage to blow an arm off.

And they have some sort of weird thing going on about a sort of opposite to our leap year thing, where instead of balancing the calendar by having an extra day each year, they have a "day with no date", which is basically a sort of day of anarchy where all normal laws and regulations are suspended - and this is a feature in the nefarious plans of the bad guys somehow, although I forget exactly how.

That's all I got ... so - anyone able to help me out here?

I am pretty sure that they were all the same author.

I really don't know, I never got to the end ... I don't think there were as many as seven. I think probably 3-5.

Really not sure about this one, I can't remember. I would hazard a guess that they were probably originally published in America, because that's where most pulp fiction sci-fi came from. But that's a complete guess on my part.

Almost 100% sure that they were softbound.

I took basically all the info from the posts on the forum he made

I am not sure if It's against the rules to post the link but I am just courious about what the book is now as well

I am not allowed to link to the post but if you have any questions please leave a message

Thanks for the help

Lothars

Hmm... sounds familiar, but I don't have any idea what the title or author might be, I'm afraid:( Mind you, if you do find out, then tell us, because it sounds kinda worth reading:)

This sounds a bit like Jasper Fforde's Tuesday Next series.