Liath's Attraction

Alia

Young at Heart
It was very obvious in Kate's story that ALL men were drawn or attracted to Liath. She possessed a certain magic about her that lured men to her. I often wondered if this was a magic that was bestowed up on her by Anne and the seven sleepers in hopes of luring Sanglant to his death. For no living man nor woman could kill him, but how about one that was half fire daemon? I could see her logic in hoping that this would work. Yet there is another part of me that says that it was the fire daemon that gave Liath her attraction.

One of the reasons why I feel it was spell verses being half fire daemon is that while reflecting on Sanglant and his love for Liath I came to the conclusion the man was in love. He was immune to the magic. He was completely drawn to Liath because of who he was, a womanizing prince who had who ever he wanted. Sure he was attracted to her but it wasn't because of magic, the magic she had to draw ALL men, he was in love ~ a different kind of magic. ;)

Another reason why I feel that it was more a spell that was placed on her was because of Blessing. Blessing being part fire daemon too didn't attract the men. She didn't have the same kind of affect on them as did her mother.

Thoughts anyone?