Book Covers!!!

Guardian

I don't know about every one elas but, I think the covers to Anne's books look much better in the USA. (Which is where I'm from originally....put away the pitch forks pleassseeee) Does anyone find themselves drawn to the artwork on the covers? Like when Michael Whelan did some of the covers to her Dragons of Pern. (The White Dragon)

I don't much like the cover art of the Pern books myself. Except for the white ones with lines and very minimalist feel :p Don't know which are American and which not but there.

Well! trust the French!
The other thing that springs to mind is the amazing resemblance of the Michael Whelan illustrations to a certain Roger Dean!

Attachments

• flightm.jpg
    flightm.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 441
  • imagesliz.jpg
    imagesliz.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 416
  • renegadm.jpg
    renegadm.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 437
  • float.jpg
    float.jpg
    1.3 KB · Views: 412
i haven't seen anything other than American (seeing that i am one!)

i actually own the first and third book covers that Pyan has posted...

Thanks for the site KoffeeKat I love Micheal Whelan because those are the book covers I have...well most of them. My grandmother gave me the People of Pern art book by Robin Wood, she did so well with the people I've loved her art ever since. I'm still hoping a more extensive book of characters will appear soon.

well, I looked through the lnk you guys put up here for comparison, and Ican't say I really liked the european release covers. I really like Whelans work though, especially the one he did for All the Weyr's of Pern.

Mirinda, I have the people of pern also, found some humor that she copied some works and people for her minor characters (dirk benedict= harper elgion, Yanus and Mavi =American Gospel to name ones I instantly recognised)