The Catteni Sequence

Guardian

I liked this series...anyone out there think the same? Please give me your views...thanks!

It's among my favorites. It seemed nice and different from her other series when it was new, with a more traditional sci-fi flavor. I remember being pleasantly surprised and impressed when it first came out by the fact that she'd finally gone back to the short "Thorns of Barevi" and developed it into a novel as she had said she planned to in the notes on that story in Get Off the Unicorn.

I recently read all of Anne's Catteni books, but it's been decades since I read Get Off the Unicorn. *snagging my copy and paging to Thorns of Barevi* Thanks!

And, yes, I enjoyed the series very much.

I really like it because it's contemporary, or at least it was when it was written. Some references to 286 computers in the first book make me chuckle, though.

I am glad someone else likes the Catteni sequence although I found the fourth book to be a bit disappointing

I know. It left so many questions hanging. Still, there are some fun things about it too, especially when you recognize names of minor characters as posters in Anne McCaffrey's now-defunct official bboard.

Welcome to Chronicles, bowerbird! :D

I know. It left so many questions hanging. Still, there are some fun things about it too, especially when you recognize names of minor characters as posters in Anne McCaffrey's now-defunct official bboard.

Welcome to Chronicles, bowerbird! :D

Thank-you for your welcome!!

I got really thinking after reading the last book and have started writing my own sequel!! Only got about 12,000 words so far and it is slow, slow as I have about three plots intertwining.

Just my luck to start a project like this after the folding of Mccaffery's board!

I haven't read this, but I think I'll look for a copy of the books. Can't call myself a fan without reading everything, after all...

I loved the Catteni Sequence... they were the first books of Anne's that I read - and I now have 20 of her books - including some of the Pern series, Acorna series, the Twins of Petaybe, and of course the catteni books

I think one of the main reasons I loved them is because I like the idea of living without all of todays technology - I often wonder how it must have been before phones and computers and cars and everything, and this book looks at that. Needless to say I preferred the 1st book when they started right from scratch, to the last ones when they started getting technologies and everything back again - but I still think all of the books are really good

...does anybody know if/when a fifth book in the catteni sequence is coming out?

She's not currently writing or planning to write any more Freedom books. Sadly, because I'd love to see the Farmer home planet. Freedom's Ransom left far too many questions unanswered.

Back