Tarot Cards (and Other Forms of Divination)

I had a reading from a medium using Tarot cards yesterday. Check him here

I run the Blyth All Weather Lifeboat website and he emailed us asking to join the crew. I noticed he was a medium from his email address and called him.

The reading was 100% spot on, he linked with family members, accurately describing health probs with a living family member. And also told me I'd eventually live abroad as well as lots of other stuff.

He asked me to hold two fifferent crystals in each hand. The one in my left got really hot, whilst the other one went freezing cold.:eek:

It was very interesting!!

Teresa:

As you know we have touched upon the subject before. However for the benefit of other posters :-

Some time ago (about 10 years) I had had a palm reading which was so accurate the 'reader' summed my whole personality up in about three minutes. She then went on to describe my relationship with Mrs. Tein (who was present at the time) and our joint children. This included some events that were tragic to us both that very few people know about. All these facts were gleaned from my palm. she even pointed out what features on my palm gave her the information. I had some doubts about the true nature of her insight, suspecting that she was able to read me from my whole personality/mannerisms, not just my palm.

There were no probing questions, no long introductions and we certainly had never met before. I entered her booth on a whim and she could have had no prior knowledge of my intent to visit her.

As I said we were both stunned at how accurate the facts she revealed were. I don't doubt that she could earn much more from attending recruitment interviews and charging 'consultation fees' to wheedle out the wheat from the chaff.

I should say (most that read my posts probably know this already) that I am perhaps the most sceptical person on the planet. After my experience my scepticism was soundly dented. It would appear that there are people that can 'see' things of which others are completely ignorant. I don't mean this in a spiritual way. More a 'Sherlock Holmes' fashion.

I have gone over in my head what clues to my personality were available to her and I think I have a reasonable explanation as to how she 'read' me. The fact she could do it at a moments notice was both remarkable and amazing.

I agree with TEiN, I am also not the typical spiritualist/believer but in my investigation I have heard and seen undoubted proof that another dimension of life exists.

As people probably know already in 2000 I was told, 'I can see you in 6 years doing something really creative. It will be very successful and you'll travel the country with it.'

I started my book at the start of 2006.:eek:

What they didnt tell me was that it would take God knows how many year to perfect my craft!!

it's a facsinating subject:)

I personaly like my Rider Waite pack, it was passed on to me by my mum. I've tried several packs but have always come back to those.

Do you know what crystals they were?

The one in my left hand was white/translucent and the other was pink, rose quartz I believe.

I don't doubt that she could earn much more from attending recruitment interviews and charging 'consultation fees' to wheedle out the wheat from the chaff.

I have gone over in my head what clues to my personality were available to her and I think I have a reasonable explanation as to how she 'read' me. The fact she could do it at a moments notice was both remarkable and amazing.

The fact that she was doing Tarot readings instead of more lucrative consultations rather puts a hole in your theory that she was simply reading your personality, doesn't it? She could hardly hold hands with the people she was supposed to be evaluating at recruitment interviews.

As I believe I may have told you at the time of our original discussion, in the days when I read Tarot cards I made a point of not looking at the client, so that I wouldn't let any superficial impressions influence me.

There were a few times when I did readings for people I knew slightly and had already formed opinions about, only to discover during the reading that I had been very, very wrong and the inner person was entirely different from the outer person. The subsequent conversation completely backed up the cards.

This is why I was always reluctant to do readings for people I cordially disliked. It would spoil everything if I ended up liking them afterward. (You might ask, why would they come to me for a reading if there was animosity between us? They wouldn't know. I was not as outspoken as I am now. People viewed me as gentle and kindly ... as indeed I was.)

The one in my left hand was white/translucent and the other was pink, rose quartz I believe.
Ah, both quarts'
thats interesting indeed.

TE:There were a few times when I did readings for people I knew slightly and had already formed opinions about, only to discover during the reading that I had been very, very wrong and the inner person was entirely different from the outer person. The subsequent conversation completely backed up the cards.
I very very rarely read for people i know, i find when you do you influance the interpriation of the cards. where as reading for a stranger is much more clear.

It may depend on what he (sorry) was looking for in them, when i use stone its to find blockages in peoples energy flows, so i use all sorts for differant areas then look for the the reaction they cause, thus alowing me to read from them. he may have a system of his own.

My cousin's a medium. Never had a reading off him though.

Mediums generally can't read me, which is disappointing and kinda satisfying at the same time. I had a palmist refuse to read my palms, and a medium get so flustered and frustrated that he couldn't get anything right about me, that he said he'd come back to me (there was a group of us) and he never did. Git.

HJ once got a Lord of the Rings Tarot for a birthday or something, and we gave it a try at a sleepover. I don't remember what our individual readings were, but they didn't predict my parents coming in to tell us to shut up and go to sleep.

I've dabbled over the years. My first Tarot deck was borrowed, a Rider Waite deck. I was doing a sample reading for the owner of the deck, rather than just telling what the individual cards meant. I don't really believe that the cards "predict" events, but in that particular reading I made 3 predictions, and one of them (the most outrageous one) occurred the very next day. All three came true in the next few weeks. (I therefore found myself doing a significant number of readings over the next couple of months.)

I used that deck until I got my own later that year, an Aleister Crowley deck. Like the person who introduced me to the tarot, I read them differently than Rider Waite, more in keeping with my non-predictive philosophy. With them, I try to read the "now" and find indications of where things are going. Like Teresa, I've tried to gain a consensus reading "how-to" books about the Tarot, but I find that I am better if I just go on a basic feel for the progress of the reading. I don't ask questions until the end, and (unlike Teresa) I prefer to read them as I lay them out. For me, the order I see the cards tells its own story, deeper than the position that I find them in. Saying that, if I use the Tree of Life layout, I'm more inclined to read the pattern (at the end) rather than individual cards.

Over the years, I've been tempted to go back to Rider-Waite, but the timing just never feels right. I like the simplicity of them, whereas on the Crowley deck you can get blinded by the symbolism of its complex images.