Fantasy Recommendations for the Unenlightened 2

On amazon It looks like a new edition hardcover about $40.00 and change . I don't recognize the cover art .:unsure:
Perhaps I'm missing something (it's been a meat-grinder of a day, and I'm fast losing coherence), but what I'm seeing at that price are the hardbound editions of the individual volumes you mention. The Night Shade edition was divided into two volumes: Gods in Darkness, which was the complete novels, and The Midnight Sun, which was the complete shorter stories (including, as I mentioned, those which had been published since the original editions were released, such as "The Gothic Touch" and "Deep in the Depths of the Acme Warehouse").... The Night Shade story collection begins at about $75.00... better than I've seen it in the past, but still rather steep....

Perhaps I'm missing something (it's been a meat-grinder of a day, and I'm fast losing coherence), but what I'm seeing at that price are the hardbound editions of the individual volumes you mention. The Night Shade edition was divided into two volumes: Gods in Darkness, which was the complete novels, and The Midnight Sun, which was the complete shorter stories (including, as I mentioned, those which had been published since the original editions were released, such as "The Gothic Touch" and "Deep in the Depths of the Acme Warehouse").... The Night Shade story collection begins at about $75.00... better than I've seen it in the past, but still rather steep....

Bloodstone and Death Angels Shadow due out August 4

Bloodstone and Death Angels Shadow due out August 4
Unfortunately, that does not address the question I've posed: Are any of those later stories incorporated into the new edition, or are these simply reprints of the older editions? I see no reason for me personally to invest in any new printings unless the newer material is included, which is the reason I am asking for clarification....

Unfortunately, that does not address the question I've posed: Are any of those later stories incorporated into the new edition, or are these simply reprints of the older editions? I see no reason for me personally to invest in any new printings unless the newer material is included, which is the reason I am asking for clarification....

Im afraid I don't know answer to that question .

When I was younger I read Goodkind quite happily, struggled to as I got older and can't now.

It will always be part of my past but it will remain there now I think.

Hi, all.

More about K. E. Wagner's Kane stories:

http://www.centipedepress.com/horror/kane.html

The preorder price for the 5-volume cloth set is quite reasonable, if I only had an income for such reasonableness.

J. D., I don't see anything that answers your question, though.

Randy M.

The New editions do look nice but, I prefer the older editions with Frank Frazetta artwork.

Has anyone offered up Michael Sullivan's books or Karen Azinger. Both very talented authors. I liked the original post and list of authors, very comprehensive

I enjoyed the Riyria Revelations a lot (by Sullivan) although the title does make me think of confusing R and W.

Thanks for the recommendation :)

I'm hoping, at some point before Christmas, to trim the enormous mountain that my Amazon list has become (around 250 items, although lots of those are old present ideas for other people). When that's done, I'll see about adding her to the lengthy list of stuff to read.

The last name's quite memorable (A'zinger sounds like Mario complimenting someone's witty riposte).

Thanks for the recommendation :)

I'm hoping, at some point before Christmas, to trim the enormous mountain that my Amazon list has become (around 250 items, although lots of those are old present ideas for other people). When that's done, I'll see about adding her to the lengthy list of stuff to read.

The last name's quite memorable (A'zinger sounds like Mario complimenting someone's witty riposte).

I have found at times reading is a chore, which is a great shame. There's a lot of books (some that turn out to be good) that I read a couple of pages then put it down. I want books that keep me up all night and I want to read the next chapter. Only a few authors achieve that. Azinger and Sullivan and very easy to read books with a nice flow (in my view). There are on the cusp of not-put-downable (which I am finding rare), but they are better than most. What's your view on Michael Sullivan's books - put-downable or not? Love the Mario quote.

250 books is awesome. I am struggling to find really good books and oscillate between fantasy and historical fiction.

To be fair, lots of the 250 (now whittled down to 89) were other than books.

I think I read all the Riyria Revelations consecutively. Series put me off a little bit now, because I read more slowly and like variety, so signing up, as it were, to a new series means I'll be reading it for months (unless I'm buying books as they come out, as per the Stormlight Archive).

To be fair, lots of the 250 (now whittled down to 89) were other than books.

I think I read all the Riyria Revelations consecutively. Series put me off a little bit now, because I read more slowly and like variety, so signing up, as it were, to a new series means I'll be reading it for months (unless I'm buying books as they come out, as per the Stormlight Archive).

I love a series, provided that it's good. I take on board your view that some can be too much effort. Unfortunately George Martin's have fallen into that category as did Robert Jordan's books. (I'll duck now).

If you like his books then Karen Azinger is likely to be a safe bet.

Davidjb,

Sullivan is one of my favorites so I went to Amazon to checkout the Azinger books because I was not familiar with her. I read a sample and I was interested but Amazon was out of stock on the paperback of book one The Steel Queen. :cry: Hopefully they restock it.

Davidjb,

Sullivan is one of my favorites so I went to Amazon to checkout the Azinger books because I was not familiar with her. I read a sample and I was interested but Amazon was out of stock on the paperback of book one The Steel Queen. :cry: Hopefully they restock it.

I am amazed it's out of stock. Keep an eye out for it. I hop eshe picks up on this thread so she can ask Amazon why it's not available.