Wishlist

Marky Lazer

It's quite interesting to read the Book Haul thread (http://www.chronicles-network.com/forum/6197-book-hauls.html), but what about the books we want to haul, but didn't haul yet? Well, this section is about them...

Pagan's Crusade - Catherine Jinks
White Noise - Don DeLillo
The Immortals - James Gunn
The Fast Red Road- Steven Graham Jones
Holes - Louis Sachar
Valley of the Dolls - Jacqueline Susann
Imperial Spy - Some Guy ;)
The World According to Garp - John Irving
Alice in Wonderland - Lewis Carroll
1984 - George Orwell

That's my wishlist, and probably the future book haul...

This isn't my complete wishlist! Just the ones I think about going to get next :)

There aren't too many, to be honest. I tend to go along the lines of authors whose books I always buy. If I start to read a book in the sci-fi or fantasy genres, it had better be good. I've got no time for derivative or badly-written stuff, I'm fairly demanding because it's my favourite type. I'm a lot less of a stickler with other genres like spy-thriller secret agent stuff, don't ask me why, because I don't know.

Having said that, I think I'd most like to get hold of the 100 Bullets graphic novel series, which I've heard very good things about.

BTW Marky, if you haven't already read it, 1984 is easily the top of your list.

I generally buy something if I want it thus I'm afraid my wish list (excluding forthcoming books of course) is slim to non-existant. There are some vintage copies (I collect books) that I'm always interested in but I can't say I specificaly target something, I generally on a whim decide to look for such copies and do a little comparison shopping and just buy it.

I can say that I can't wait for Jeffrey Ford's Empire of Ice Cream to get here!

I have a huge to-read pile, consequently my wish list is mainly non-existant too. But these days, due to dithyrambic comments of a friend, one book moved to what approaches more a wish list : Spin by Robert Charles Wilson.

A wishlist would suggest a degree of patience I do not possess.

When I really want a book, I can't rest until I track it down, trap it, and drag it back to my cave.

Kelpie said:

When I really want a book, I can't rest until I track it down, trap it, and drag it back to my cave.
Well, see, that's what I meant by depressing. If I kept a list of books I want, I would want to spend all my time tracking those books down and, as you say, Kelpie, capturing them and then devouring them. Not being able to do that would be too depressing, so I just don't keep the list.

Too many to list I'm afraid, probably about 20 ongoing series and at least a dozen sandalones from the Masterwork series still to plunder...

There are several titles swirling around in my mind that I would like to buy at some point...

Doctor Who books,
  • Winner Takes All
The Fool's Gold series, Jude Fisher
  • Sorcery Rising
  • Wild Magic
The Tales of Einarrin, JUliet Mckenna
  • The Thief's Gamble
  • The Swordsman's Oath
  • The GAmbler's Fortune
  • The Assasson's Edge
And
  • Charmed Sphere, CAtherine Asaro
There's probably more, but that's all I can think of for now. Certainly I've got to buy more shelving units first ;)

I like to save money by shopping used bookstores and keeping an actual list is helpful. Whenever I run across a suggestion or recommendation that I want to read, I put it on the list, as well as books from series or collections that I want but do not own yet. I keep it to one page or less, with a hard copy in my coat pocket or car at all times. Whenever I decide to drop into a bookstore, I can go through my list quickly to see if they have anything I’m looking for. I have two or three shops that I hit once or twice a month, and I usually find at least one or two on my list each stop. I have been doing this around six months and find that most of what I want turns up with a little patience. Now whenever I finish one book, I have a stockpile of good choices on hand for my next read.

Kitty and The Midnight Hour
Underworld : (Book 1)
Blood Enemy (Underworld, Book 2)
Evolution (Underworld)
Michael Moorcock's Elric: Tales of the White Wolf (Dark Fantasy)
Drizzt Saga, Sojourn
Dissolution
The Fighters, Master of chains
Ghostwalker

and more...

Kelpie said:

Someone after my own heart :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sorceress 21 General TV Discussion 10