Most gorgeous bookcovers

I really like the new 'adult' terryy pratchett covers, esp. moving pictures. And the Trudi canavan 'black magician' covers too. i like simplicity! Covers are really important - particully for new authors, they really do infulence you , just to pick up the book + read the blurb, but without doing that, you not gonna buy it are you?

"The Eternal Champion" book covers by Michael Moorcock come to mind, Corum and Elric in particular. I'm not sure exactly what edition I'm thinking of but it's a very stylish animated portrait of him with his sword.

a|one said:
"The Eternal Champion" book covers by Michael Moorcock come to mind, Corum and Elric in particular. I'm not sure exactly what edition I'm thinking of but it's a very stylish animated portrait of him with his sword.

Ive always loved this illustration of Corum:) (soz about the small pic). i think its a different one then what your talking about though
corum5.jpg

The covers I'm really noticing are the graphic novels and hardcover comics. I'm a sucker for foiling and embossing. Wimbledon Green is lovely, and Quimby Mouse has a phenomenally intricate foiled cover. What a stunner. I'm almost sorry I gave that one away, now.

Re: Most gorgous bookcovers

Rane Longfox said:
I like the more minimalist covers, Canadian cover of R Scott Bakker's "Darkness that Comes Before"...
One of my favorite covers I agree 100%.

The Vorkosigan saga bookcovers are decent. I also really liked the "Lord of the flies" bookcover and the cover of "The red tent", which was actually a picture: "Isaac and Rebecca".

I like the covers by John Howe of the Robin Hobb books! The cover was the main reason I picked up Assasin's Apprentice in the first place, loved every book of her so far, so I'm really grateful to John Howe :) .

Kettricken said:
I like the covers by John Howe of the Robin Hobb books! The cover was the main reason I picked up Assasin's Apprentice in the first place, loved every book of her so far, so I'm really grateful to John Howe :) .

It was the cover that attracted me also, but in my case it was a Michael Whelan cover. That was the USA version.:D

no541ya.jpg

no680er.jpg

The artist is Mick Van Houten, and the books are the Lyonesse trilogy by Vance ... perfect in a word ...

I wanna be in that world!!! :p

Kettricken said:
Don't think I've ever seen his covers for these. I've seen the Whelan work. Not among his very best, but quite good; Howe's work has always fascinated me. Good call, I would bet. Any chance of sharing?

j. d. worthington said:
Don't think I've ever seen his covers for these. I've seen the Whelan work. Not among his very best, but quite good; Howe's work has always fascinated me. Good call, I would bet. Any chance of sharing?
:D ... if you don't mind reading the dutch versions... ;)
Here's a link to the cover art by John Howe (Hobb books):
http://www.john-howe.com/portfolio/gallery/categories.php?cat_id=20&sessionid=e9bbd5345f7d3a649d56164129d2a5d1

You can also view it on Robin's page: www.robinhobb.com , somehow my computer doesn't want to open it.

I like the covers for the UK versions of the black magician trilogy by Trudi Canavan.

1841493139.jpg
1841493147.jpg
1841493155.jpg

I don't think I would of picked up the books otherwise. Very eye catching.

There are so many book covers that I actually like. I also feel that the UK versions seem to be better than the US versions