Stephen King - Cell

I saw that book in the stores, too, but I have yet to read it.

I had thought he was retired from writing, and that the remaining books yet to be published had already been put out. Perhaps I am mistaken. Either way, I keep holding out on the chance that King will return to more concise, spectular writing that made him famous.

I have not read it as of yet but its selling like hotcakes in Canada. I believe I read in Pub. Weekly that it was #1 in the good old US of A.

It's unique in that King throws you right in. This is one of his scarrier books too. I had mixed feelings for it at first, but I grew to love the violence and sadistic... turn of events. ;)

Prefx said:
It's unique in that King throws you right in. This is one of his scarrier books too. I had mixed feelings for it at first, but I grew to love the violence and sadistic... turn of events. ;)
mmmm maybe Ill have to read it for April.

I have to give a big thumbs up. I didn't like the last two King books I read but this one cooks!

I finished it a little while ago....it's a return to form, definitely. It doesn't quite hit the peaks, but it's streets ahead of his 'I'll throw in fifty-odd pages about this guy dealing with his fear internally" period. If you are a King fan, you will certainly like this. Yes, buy it.

J.Lo said:
Hi there , im new here and i just love all King's things, books or tv stuff.....The scarier the better too....
Welcome to chronicles Jlo.
I read the Cell and didnt really see anything original in it. I thought to my wee self as I read the book this was more of a homage to all the undead movies and King put a slight twist on it. Im not saying it was a bad book but not one of his better books unless you compare it to Dreamcatcher:eek: then its freaking amazing.

I really thought it was the meat in the From A Buick 8 and Dreamcatcher sandwich of bad.

Loved Cell. A little sceptical at first as it didn't start like usual King books, but after the first couple of chapters I was hooked. Definately one of his best IMHO, and I'm already looking forward to reading it again.

Also thought it was a strong return to top form for him, along with being a very nice homage to all those Romero movies.